Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denver trades: SF George McCloud (8.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 26.4 minutes)
SG James Posey (10.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.5 apg in 30.7 minutes)
Denver receives: SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
PF Jason Collier (4.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.6 minutes)
SF Terence Morris (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 16.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Orlando trades: SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
C Steven Hunter (3.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.7 minutes)
Orlando receives: SF George McCloud (8.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)
PF Kenny Thomas (14.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 72 games)
Change in team outlook: +4.1 ppg, +4.7 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

Houston trades: PF Kenny Thomas (14.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.5 minutes)
PF Jason Collier (4.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.6 minutes)
SF Terence Morris (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 16.3 minutes)
Houston receives: SG James Posey (10.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.5 apg in 73 games)
C Steven Hunter (3.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.1 apg in 53 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.8 ppg, -5.9 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Why Denver does it
Denver loses a veteran leader and shooter, and a great defender but gain Mike Miller who has the potential to score 17-20ppg for them. They also get a potentially great role player in Terrence Morris.

C- Camby/Hilario
PF- Howard/Morris
SF-White/Tskitishvili
SG-Miller/
PG-Satterfield/

Why Orlando does it
Grant Hill is ‘healthy’ which makes Mike Miller expendable. They get a much-needed low post presence that can clean up the glass and George McCloud who can replace Mike Miller’s shooting.

C- Grant/Declerq
PF- Thomas/Kemp
SF- Hill/Garrity
SG- McGrady/McCloud
PG- Vaughn/Armstrong

Why Houston does it
The Rockets have the luxury of having 3 solid PF’s (Griffen, Thomas, and Taylor). Getting a great defender and potential at center is a good deal without losing a starter.

C- Ming/Cato/Hunter (IR)
PF- Griffen/Taylor
SF- Posey/Nachbar
SG- Mobley/Rice
PG- Francis/Norris

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Orlando won't do it. They could get a lot more if they were to deal with a team that needed a small forward. I would rather have Swift than Thomas as my PF. What about Miller for Griffin of the Rockets??

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Mike Miller for Eddie Griffin? I would not do that deal, the Rockets would be getting severly ripped. Griffin is a STUD, while Miller is a good player, but he is nothing like Griffin. Plus, Miller is no better than Bostjan Nachbar, who they drafted.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
the original three way deal looks pretty good to me. denver would continue putting together a young team with endless potential. orlando would get a good low post presence and a good backup. houston gets a good 2-3 who can backup mobley or the small forward and a center who should be a good backup by the time they can get rid of cato. kenny thomas is one of the most underrated players in the league. he is good and plays hard. at worst he will be a good 6th man.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
mike miller for devan george would you do that deal...mike miller for zach rondalph and qutel woods(i would onlydo this if i were orlando)
if i was orlando i would do the 2nd one and definately not the first. if i was the lakers it would take me about two seconds to do the trade. i wouldn't do the other one if i was portland because they already have good 2-3(anderson, wells, pippen)

·
Registered
318 Posts
How could anyone think that Mike Miller would be fair for Eddie Griffen. Im sorry but that has to be a joke. In a couple of years Eddie will be a all star for years. Mike Miller will be lucky to be an all star once or twice in his carrear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts