Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While nothing is imminent, the Nuggets are in need of bulk and have some interest in making a move to get it. Among the big men reportedly being shopped are Atlanta forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Chicago center Eddy Curry, Los Angeles Clippers forward-center Melvin Ely, Orlando forward Juwan Howard, Cleveland center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Dallas forward Antawn Jamison, Atlanta center Theo Ratliff, New York forward-center Kurt Thomas and Portland forward Rasheed Wallace.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~1917192,00.html

Hmmmmm...looks like the untouchable tag has been taken off afterall:eek:

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I wonder if Denver would really realistically take a fly at Curry. You think he gets gassed quickly now? What do you think will happen when he has to huff and puff up and down the court in high altitude night after night?

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
I wonder if Denver would really realistically take a fly at Curry. You think he gets gassed quickly now? What do you think will happen when he has to huff and puff up and down the court in high altitude night after night?
OMG - get the oxygen ready.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Denver only has one guy I want for Curry, and he's not going anywhere...

Pax isn't stupid. Next.

(Could you imagine if Boykins got traded for Curry? Isn't that like paying a dollar and getting 33 cents back? :confused: )

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Now that teams have realized that if you stop our running game (which isn't that difficult) our half-court set is completely ineffective, the running game has come to an abrupt halt (you'll see tomorrow when the Bulls play Denver).

Denver is in need of a center and I think Eddy Curry is worth the risk. He's a smile and a little motivation away from becoming one of the most dominant players in the NBA and Kiki being the risk-taker he is would be more than obliged to give it a shot. What do we have to offer you? Hell, I don't know. I can see where Rodney White would fit in on your team, being a versatile guy who can play the 2, 3, and 4 spots. He has both inside and outside skills, can run the floor, and has good athletic ability. What's Rodney's problem? He just doesn't get it. Whether it's a lapse on the defensive end or a stupid turnover, Rodney always seems to screw something up. That said, if he were given the chance to play 25 minutes a night and develop, given he puts the effort in, there's no reason why he can't develop into a 20 and 8 guy in this league.

Obviously, a Rodney White for Eddy Curry trade isn't very plausible, as Scott Layden isn't running the show in Chicago. We do have a stockpile of draft picks, though. Maybe Rodney White and three first rounders? I don't know.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoddneyThaRippa</b>!

Now that teams have realized that if you stop our running game (which isn't that difficult) our half-court set is completely ineffective, the running game has come to an abrupt halt (you'll see tomorrow when the Bulls play Denver).

Denver is in need of a center and I think Eddy Curry is worth the risk. He's a smile and a little motivation away from becoming one of the most dominant players in the NBA and Kiki being the risk-taker he is would be more than obliged to give it a shot. What do we have to offer you? Hell, I don't know. I can see where Rodney White would fit in on your team, being a versatile guy who can play the 2, 3, and 4 spots. He has both inside and outside skills, can run the floor, and has good athletic ability. What's Rodney's problem? He just doesn't get it. Whether it's a lapse on the defensive end or a stupid turnover, Rodney always seems to screw something up. That said, if he were given the chance to play 25 minutes a night and develop, given he puts the effort in, there's no reason why he can't develop into a 20 and 8 guy in this league.

Obviously, a Rodney White for Eddy Curry trade isn't very plausible, as Scott Layden isn't running the show in Chicago. We do have a stockpile of draft picks, though. Maybe Rodney White and three first rounders? I don't know.
I like Rodney, but I don't think we want to get younger still. I don't think Denver has the goods to trade for Curry. We would only want Melo or maybe Nene. Other rosters like Seattle, Memphis, and maybe Golden State have other talented young players I think Pax might consider trading Curry for.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Rodney:

You can't trade away consecutive first round picks, so in order to get 3 picks, it would take us until 2008. We need production now -- so we don't have the luxury to wait that long.

At Crumbs would say -- keep trying, because we're willing to listen to all offers.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What about Curry, Eddie Robinson and Fizer FOR
Camby, Thskitisvili,White and Ryan Bowen and maybe a pick...

Not a bad trade for both teams u get rid of 2 contracts.. sacrifing a risk of a player.. u take a solid center, a talent u can still be a SF, and White... another SF... Bowen is on the deal to balance the contracts...
Denver takes with Curry a great prospect at center for the future.. Eddie and Fizer in another contest could be solid contributors and not odd men...

Would u make this trade?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!

Not a bad trade for both teams u get rid of 2 contracts.. sacrifing a risk of a player.. u take a solid center, a talent u can still be a SF, and White... another SF... Bowen is on the deal to balance the contracts...
Denver takes with Curry a great prospect at center for the future.. Eddie and Fizer in another contest could be solid contributors and not odd men...

Would u make this trade?
Not in a million years. You gotta remember, Curry has the potential to be a league dominating center. You don't trade that for a prosepct like Skita that hasn't shown much, a prospect like White that hasn't shown much, and an injury prone Camby.

The only thing Denver has that would even interest me is Mello & Nene.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
We're not getting Melo. Nene would have to be included in any deal with them involving Curry.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
stop trying to trade Curry. As long as he's 21, stays out of Crackhouses, and does the program the Bulls are finally insisting on, he's here for at least the short term. You don't risk missing on players this big and agile. And there are no final answers with Eddy yet. So its crazy.

I think Pax said that many times this season. I doubt he's being shopped really. I'm sure Pax is listening for a massive overpay, but thats it

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fleetwood macbull</b>!
stop trying to trade Curry. As long as he's 21, stays out of Crackhouses, and does the program the Bulls are finally insisting on, he's here for at least the short term. You don't risk missing on players this big and agile. And there are no final answers with Eddy yet. So its crazy.

I think Pax said that many times this season. I doubt he's being shopped really. I'm sure Pax is listening for a massive overpay, but thats it
I agree. Bulls fans get bored though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Not in a million years. You gotta remember, Curry has the potential to be a league dominating center. You don't trade that for a prosepct like Skita that hasn't shown much, a prospect like White that hasn't shown much, and an injury prone Camby.

The only thing Denver has that would even interest me is Mello & Nene.

i don't think Paxton estimates Curry as much as u do.... And I think the offer of the Nugz with a 1st round pick would be appropriate.. White and Skita could solve CHI's problem at SF.
If Camby is healty is a good center and maybe opts out at the end of the year. So u will get rid of ERob contract that is awful..Fizer is on jeopardy, so I wish him to get traded..
It's true that Curry could become a dominant center, but right now is not a proved guy... and even worse has shown bad attitude...He has no more the trade value he had at the end of last year..

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
No star coming - Curry stays!

thats the way i see it.any trade involving EC that does not bring us something REALLY nice,might turn out as another MAJOR mistake in the long line of management mistakes already done.

He's hardly 21,and we already waited 3 years,it cant hurt us developing the kid some more.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If fitness is what is holding back Curry the most (which I think most of us agree it is) it's one of the easiest things to correct in the world. You don't trade away a guy because he was babied over the summer and didn't stay in top shape.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
You know why Denver is going after a big-man? Because Nene is playing like a pu*. He is not getting the job done, he is being out produced by Camby, he is playing soft, etc. Im not saying Kiki is going to give up on him, but makes no sense to acquire someone like Curry if you want to fix that problem (Lack of toughness).
Last night, for example, I think it was Spree who pulled down a rebound in Nene face and gave the TWolves the "W".

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
You know why Denver is going after a big-man? Because Nene is playing like a pu*. He is not getting the job done, he is being out produced by Camby, he is playing soft, etc. Im not saying Kiki is going to give up on him, but makes no sense to acquire someone like Curry if you want to fix that problem (Lack of toughness).
Last night, for example, I think it was Spree who pulled down a rebound in Nene face and gave the TWolves the "W".
I only partially agree with u Curry 52.

Its right to say NENE isn't playing as good as we expected based on his Rookie season maybe,and he does seem softer on D this season for some reason.
Gut he still gets 11 pnt in 54% fg(2nd in league),6.5 rbd,1.2 stls in 32 minutes.so thats still quite efficiant.U also gotta take into acount he doesn't have to score that much this season(Mello,Voshons season),so basically he's been doing his Job.

·
Registered
892 Posts

Would u make this trade?
IF Curry's being shopped, Denver's going to have to take their place in a very long line. And you'd better believe they'll have to bring more to the table than...Camby, Tskitishvili,White and Ryan Bowen and maybe a pick. These kinds of trade offers don't take into consideration what other teams might be willing to offer as well.

The original report about Curry's availability stated that when word got out Paxson received calls from every team in the league. With that in mind, the Nugz might want to consider offering something a little more substantial, to put it nicely.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Rodney:

You can't trade away consecutive first round picks, so in order to get 3 picks, it would take us until 2008. We need production now -- so we don't have the luxury to wait that long.

At Crumbs would say -- keep trying, because we're willing to listen to all offers.
Nope...

In addition to our own picks, we also have two or three other future first-rounders. There's one from Philadelphia that we should get next year and a Clippers pick that will come within the next three and is actually unprotected in 2006. So three future picks would be entirely possible.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Would u make this trade?
Good idea but something Denver would never risk, especially with a player as volatile as Curry. Camby has been as valuable as anyone on the team this year and Tskitishvilli isn't worth giving up on. We probably don't need to give up any contracts because as it stands now, even if Camby gets the option, we've got at least 12 million. Fizer would be a nice addition, too, but not enough to balance the loss of Skita and Camby.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts