Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lifelong Nuggets fan, I've been assuming that Denver won't end up with the first pick in the draft. But supposing they do?

They have no choice but to take Lebron, obviously. But then questions emerge.

1) Do they keep him or trade him? Some folks are hinting that Kiki really prefers Darko.

2) If they keep him, what position does he play? While I'm skeptical of a 240-lb. point guard who's body has already gained as much as it perhaps should, a lot of people salivate over the mismatches Lebron would create at that position. Would that change Denver's apparent focus on Gilbert Arenas, or could the two of them co-exist in the backcourt, rotating on defense as necessary?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think Arenas and Lebron could make an amazing back court. They are both psuedo PG's with scoring skills, and could both share the ballhandling duties very well, like a Marbury and Hardaway type situation. Your team is in desperate need of competant guards, I couldn't see why you wouldn't want LeBron.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lebron and Arenas could be great together. Talk about a big, athletic backcourt! In 2-3 years they could easily be the best PG/SG duo in the league, and potentially one of the top 1-2 punches overall.

·
Registered
118 Posts
oh yeah, we have to keep him

if we don't kiki will never live it down

think of not only the basketball side, but think of all the money he's going to bring in

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
give me a break. lebron and arenas would immediately be one of the most impressive in the L. do you have any kind of idea how fast those two are? this team would be set if they lucked out with lebron- add arenas and kandi (he could easily go here instead of miami if the money is right) and you just might be looking at a championship calibre team. it's a huge speculation of course but i REALLY like the looks of:

arenas
lebron
white/skita
nene
kandi

as a core starting 5 for the next few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts