Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Depth Charts and free agencies

Hey guys well the draft day is over and most or all the questions have being answer. Now lets look at the depth chars which not counting free agents and and saying our draft picks make the team and sign them.

C: Curry/Bargaic
PF: Tyson/Fizer/Baxter
SF: Rose/E-Rob/
SG: JC/Hassel/Hoiberg
PG: Jay/Mason

Thats our depth chars saying that drafties made the team and sign not including free agents.

Now the question is we need to get veterans and something tell me we going to trade Fizer to get a veteran PF and C or just a veteran PF or C. And then sign a veteran big man rather its C or PF. I just had that gut feeling that Fizer going to be traded and possible a sign and trade with Travis Best but I will talk about Best in a while on this post.

But anyways here is the free agents list we should look for

Scott Williams
Nadjia
Michael Ruffin
Bonzi Wells(Why not lets try.)
Michael Redd
Eric Strickland
Mailk Rose
D. Marshell(Starting interest with him.)
Popeye Jones(Because of his good reboundings and etc.)
Loren Woods(He can be our second string if we don't sign or trade for another center.)
Troy Hudson
Rodney Rogers
Ricky Davis
Bruce Bowen
Felipe Lopez

Those the guys we should look at to get a few veterans for free agents list unless we can come up some trade packaging Fizer and Best sign and trade which I think we should keep Fizer for a while but only if he work on his D and rebounds.

Also it could make sense to resign Travis Best and keep him for a while until trading deadline and trade him for another team for a veteran but Best will play from the bench if we keep him but I know Best like to start instead. But just say we do resign Travis Best and he agree to play from the bench after a while until trading deadline with signing draft players and not including free agents yet.

C: Curry/Bargaic
PF: Chan/Fizer/Baxter
SF: Rose/E-Rob
SG: JC/Hassel/Hoiberg
PG: Jay/Best/Mason

Those are the depth charts with out including free agents which we need to get a little older with veterans additions possible a veteran Center which most definity actually and possible veteran PF if Fizer get traded and maybe veteran SF according to this depth charts to include free agents.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Good list Pduh. I forgot about Nadjia who I think is really gonna be good. That needs to balanced with the fact that we could really use some vets on our front line to balance the youth. I am so pumped about Jay Williams, I can't see straight. We are going to be the real deal and I see rings in our future.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Listening to the radio today, they were mentioning that Chandler, Curry, Fizer, Crawford, Hassel, Bags are all working out together at Berto Center, and have been doing for some time now. I've never seen this many players dedicating themselves this early. It would be a real shame to break up the core w/o giving them a chance to show.

Fizer and Crawford are entering his third season. Brand, Miller, Davis, Sczerbiak. Pierce have all florished in their third season. Third season seems to be the first season where players get the calls and are allowed to play their game. For Fizer this has been a big problem. In the past, whenever he starts using his body under the boards he was getting called for a foul, and that would take him out of his game. At the end of the season, Fizer started figuring it out and started getting calls w/o fouling as much.

IMO, a trade of Fizer or even Crawford would be too premature at this time. Maybe at the All-Star break it may make sense if the team is not improving or if it looks like these player are not showing signs of living up to their potential.

·
Registered
16 Posts
And I am sure JayWill, Mason Jr. and Baxtor will join them soon. They are all quality players (though honestly, I like Jamal Sampson more than Baxtor at #44) who have great characters and excellent work ethnics.

One question though, where is Erob? I hope he is still working his A$$ off after he signed his big contract...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Is E-Rob cleared to practice? Is his toe healed or is he still in that "rest it" period?

Also, don't forget we have the IR players so we still have plenty of room for FA's. Hoiberg, Baxter, Mason and Bagaric along with whomever is really hurt will rotate on the IR.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by chifaninca
Is E-Rob cleared to practice? Is his toe healed or is he still in that "rest it" period?

Also, don't forget we have the IR players so we still have plenty of room for FA's. Hoiberg, Baxter, Mason and Bagaric along with whomever is really hurt will rotate on the IR.
Actually, according to chitownsports on RealGM message board, Erob has been practising with the team... My bad ;)

P.S. An interesting quote about Baxtor (and Dixon)

"Those at Maryland certainly see the irony that the completely polished Baxter went 44th, while the raw Wilcox went so high and will make an instant guaranteed fortune. "Juan and Lonny told Chris where to go on every play," said one Maryland insider."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52599-2002Jun27.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts