Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy seems to physically gotten back to 100%, and has played very well this season....he has averaged almost 13 points in his last 5 games, with 2 20 point performances.....My question is, with Johnson being a Free Agent, do you expect him to re-sign with the Nuggets? Also, I haven't seen much of Denver, so do you guys think Johnson will continue to delevop, and maybe become a starter in the league?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I don't think he's the long-term SG answer for Denver. They'll likely pick up a quality SG in the draft. My guess is that he will receive minimal interest in the summer and end up signing a 1-year deal (maybe 2nd year guaranteed) with Denver for cheap.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
I don't believe he is back to 100% yet. He is almost as good physically as he was as a Freshman for the Bearcats, but his defense and understanding of the game are much better.

DJ still has a lot of untapped potential. There was a reason he was the #6 pick. Most teams have the SG position filled, so I'm hopeful that no other team will offer too much. I believe there will be a lot of interest in him this summer, but not for enough dollars to pry him away from Denver and his good friend Kenyon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts