Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta ask why does everyone feel he sucks? Just because he aint as fast as the others? He doesn't jump like josh smith and he looks a little pudgy that makes him crap? How come people just can't see that sometimes players are just good plain and simple?

Athleticism aint everything, It seems like to me everyone just wants to stock the raptors with athletes that have their heads at the rim is the way to build a team. Having great fundamentals and a great feel for the game is so much more important than a guy that jumps out the gym.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
i don't know who all's gonna declare, but i'd be more than happy with deron.

in terms of pg, i'd be satisfied with either one of paul, jack or deron. there are still others, sure, but those are my top three. i don't like felton, so i'm sort of hoping that someone ahead of us in the lottery will grab him. he might also become a valuable player in his own right, but i just don't like him that much. if he weren't on the tar heels i don't think he'd be getting nearly as much attention. i think he'd fall into the next tier. north carolina blue shouldn't qualify him as a better player than he is.

from his last interview, i think paul's now leaning towards declaring. he's my ultimate. i think he's the kind of player who could help take our team to the next level, almost without question, but we've gotta score some luck at the lottery in order to get him.

still, deron isn't underrated (imo). i think there are more than enough league execs who appreciate his intangibles. i'd be happy with him too, i think he's an "inflection point" player (like jalen), and i don't even think his athleticism is that weak.

one of the abovementioned three + an asset for our frontline would be ideal (imo). but there are so many days left til the lottery, and even more til the draft- a lot of things could yet happen.

those philly victories are eating me alive now.

peace

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
ballocks said:
in terms of pg, i'd be satisfied with either one of paul, jack or deron. there are still others, sure, but those are my top three. i don't like felton, so i'm sort of hoping that someone ahead of us in the lottery will grab him. he might also become a valuable player in his own right, but i just don't like him that much. if he weren't on the tar heels i don't think he'd be getting nearly as much attention. i think he'd fall into the next tier. north carolina blue shouldn't qualify him as a better player than he is.
Replace Paul with Felton and I completely agree.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i agree with Ballocks..and ive been saying this alot of the time...i think Felton is great..and i wouldnt be angry if we got him....but one must realize that he was on a Tar Heels thats was paked with scoring punch..and preety much wherever he got the ball someone could and would score...i think Deron Williams is an amazing guard...a pass first type unless called upon to take over a game...i dont no about Paul, just what ive read and heard...so i cant really say anything..he must be good if they are projecting him to go top three right? Jarett Jack was one of my favorite to start with...i think this was mainly because he was Bosh's friends and that would make him stay for sure, but since last week Bosh has said himself he would stay...albeit it could be becaus of the potential of being paired with Jarrett, but as far as his skills go..he is a good guard, again i havent really seen him play, i think Deron Williams and Hakim Warrick would be an amazing draft for us...

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
warrick we dont need, is a good rebounder with just a mid range jumper, cant hit from beyond thew arc, thus he is not good enough to play SF rather go with Carney over Warrick.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
DWill is one of the best PG's since JKidd. The Illi had a knock out year (and only superior front court play from May stopped them from winning it all)
and was exclusively because he was the engine. The game comes to him with such ease he is in total control.

If he ever worked on his body like Jaret Jack he would be a super star in my mind. It is doubt full though guys with that much intelligence and talent don't need to try too hard to get max money (Vince Carter). He should still be in the elite of PG's for his era.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
^^ Junkyarddog13: Carney has said he is coming back to memphis for sure as his stock plummeted majorly, no way we take him. But he is good to watch for next year

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like Deron Williams a lot. He reminds me on Marc Jackson in terms of his passing, intelligence and ball handling. i feel that Williams is stronger and a better defensive player.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Deron showed me a few things. Positionally he is sound on d. He is Very aware. He also showed that he has more athletic ability than I thought. Dude got up a couple o' times for nice jams. I would be happy to have him. He has proved me wrong. Can't judge a book by its cover, can't judge a player by his baby fat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts