Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 boards and 5 blocks in 31mins of action versus Denver so far!! I'd probably take him over Eddy Curry right now!!

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
As he scored?

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kamego said:
As he scored?
4pts, 2 stls, 1asst, 0 TOs, 2 Fouls. It's only one game I know, but that's better than anything I'd expect from him!

EDIT: picked up 2 more fouls in the past minute....

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Yao Mania said:
16 boards and 5 blocks in 31mins of action versus Denver so far!! I'd probably take him over Eddy Curry right now!!
You're insane. Eddy Curry's one of the best post scorers in the NBA.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
7M3 said:
too bad thats all he does. Score.

Eddie is defined by his #'s. There's no "look beyond the boxscore" It is what it is.

Diop just won the game for Dallas. Blocked melo's layup with 1 second left

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
7M3 said:
In today's NBA that isn't saying much. He's also very average or below average in other key areas.

Thanks but I'd pass on both guys.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sir Patchwork said:
Careful with that, Curry has a strong cult following on this site, they'll get you for that one.
I think that was before he got traded to the Knicks :p

Anyway I was half kidding, just seemed like a fair comparison considering they were both picked from HS the same year. I could bring Kwame and Chandler into the discussion too....

·
Banned
1,602 Posts
diop lost like 30 to 35 pounds this offseason and has really really helped the mavs off the bench with his defense. if he can avoid fouls he can probably take damps spot in the starting lineup. kid is still raw offensively but defensively he's finally emerging somewhat. he's been swatting like 2 shots a game off the bench.

·
Registered
681 Posts
tone wone said:

Eddie is defined by his #'s. There's no "look beyond the boxscore" It is what it is.

Diop just won the game for Dallas. Blocked melo's layup with 1 second left
:clap: :clap: Very nice. Something only a knowledgeable NBA fan can understand.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
I (as in I wish Michael Heisley) would pay Diop what he's making now, just to do that one time for the Memphis Grizzlies.

Maybe we found another Lorenzen Wright trade target.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
tone wone said:
Too bad suck is all Diop does.

·
Registered
583 Posts
At the very least he's a big guy who can swat, and add somewhat of a low post presence.

I think he could very well fit into the Nets, off the bench, and I'm quite sure he is a better defender than any of the Nets' centers. To say he impacts the game on the defensive end is quite fitting, albeit a small one, but the impact is still felt.

They're just both opposites of each other, and I don't see how one should suck and the other should be termed "one of the best low post scorer".

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Who cares honestly? People on this site love non-scoring stats for some reason. It's why Kirlenko and Dalembert got so overrated and guys like Wally, Walker and Francis so hated, I'm sure if Courtney Alexander or someone got signed and has a 31 point game no one makes threads like this.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Interesting tidbit about Eddy Curry, he's only averaging 2 rebounds per game less than Tyson Chandler.
And his numbers squash Erik Dampier's. Who I believe actually plays more than Diop does.

Of the high school disapointments of Kwame, Eddy, Tyson, and Diop--Eddy is clearly the best one and had the best overall career. Tyson never got off the bench until the Bulls got rid of Curry and Davis and all other frontline help. Eddy was starting even under Bill Cartwright. Kwame has been in and out for his entire career.

As far as Diop, compare Diop with the guys Danny Ferry replaced him with: Donyell Marshall and Alan Henderson. Cleveland really isn't missing Diop's presence that much.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
Who cares honestly? People on this site love non-scoring stats for some reason.
Your'e right. Only scoring matters.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jamel Irief said:
Who cares honestly? People on this site love non-scoring stats for some reason. It's why Kirlenko and Dalembert got so overrated and guys like Wally, Walker and Francis so hated, I'm sure if Courtney Alexander or someone got signed and has a 31 point game no one makes threads like this.
If Diop dropped (get it? Diop dropped? ok I'll stop...) 31 pts tonight I would've made the same thread.

And I don't hate Francis 'cuz of his defense, I hate him 'cuz of his offense.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts