Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I think it's time for Skiles to say "Go for it. Play your way. Don't worry about defense, technique, running the right plays. Just play to have fun, and play to win. Play to win the best way you know how and lets see how it turns out."

I think it might loosen up JC and EC. I think they've got so much on their minds that the stuff that they DO do well is lost and gone. Let them find themselves, restart the clock back to square one and then build up the team according the game that they have.

We moaned and groaned a lot about Floyd and Cartwright imposing a offensive system that didn't fit them well. I wonder if Skiles ENTIRE package is the same way. Sometimes you just gotta accept players faults. Especially with Eddy, you're not going to be able to easily replace what he/they do do well---and thats scoring. Skiles has improved one thing--and thats the team defense and he's got them to play harder.

I could be wrong. It's just th at I'm very puzzled by this team and think it's time or close to time for some radical ideas.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
...I think it's time for Skiles to say "Go for it. Play your way. Don't worry about defense, technique, running the right plays. Just play to have fun, and play to win. Play to win the best way you know how and lets see how it turns out."

I think it might loosen up JC and EC. I think they've got so much on their minds that the stuff that they DO do well is lost and gone. Let them find themselves, restart the clock back to square one and then build up the team according the game that they have.

We moaned and groaned a lot about Floyd and Cartwright imposing a offensive system that didn't fit them well. I wonder if Skiles ENTIRE package is the same way. Sometimes you just gotta accept players faults. Especially with Eddy, you're not going to be able to easily replace what he/they do do well---and thats scoring. Skiles has improved one thing--and thats the team defense and he's got them to play harder.

I could be wrong. It's just th at I'm very puzzled by this team and think it's time or close to time for some radical ideas.
Truer words have never been spoken

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do we run the risk of having a deeply flawed team if we don't demand defense at this point in their careers?

Are we running the risk of alienating them and killing their trade value if we do?

:confused:

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i disagree completely....if u are trying to implement team ball into the team, why would u go against that and just let them play...why would u want crawford taking 20 something shots a game, missing most of them...u dont go against what uve been teaching...teams dont win if they dont play team ball, team defense, and play under a system....if u go away from that now even though u are not winning with it at this moment, itll be hard to implement it again into the team....u stick with what ur doin, and doin watever never wins over team ball

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
There's no "way" to keep winning; Skiles' ways aren't all that proven.

I think these guys need the right mindset before they start with the logistics of strategy.

It sucks to bend over backwards for these guys, but I don't think we have a choice until the draft.

The only time Pax should risk trading them is when this team is getting more potential or at least 2nd-tier stardom (e.g. Shawn Marion, Rashard Lewis)

:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.