1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@

TIME: 4:00 pm PT, 7:00 pm ET
TV: TNT

Cleveland lost against Toronto despite James having a huge game in a loss that definately got under the team’s skin. There has been a team-only meeting, J-Mac was benched for a game, the rotations changed yet again and there is a feeling of uncertainty as the team is on the verge of collapse. The story of this game is it will be the Cavaliers’ first game under Brendan Malone. While it will be too soon for Malone to do serious overhaul of Silas’ old system, will the team respond to a new voice?

With or without you...

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if we win this game. Guys will want to play well under the new regime and Gilbert is showing that if you don't perform, you are gone.

Will be interesting to see whether James approaches this game as a scorer or a distributor.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^

Agreed. Malone is less of the motivational speaker than Silas but more keen to the X's and O's. Let's hope that that rotation is what we wind up seeing.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Sasha needs to play big BIG minutes especially if Snow is in there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Benedict_Boozer said:
Also the new rotation should be:

PG - Snow / Jmac
SG - Sasha / Newble
SF - James / Jiri
PF - Gooden / AV
C - Z / AV / Traylor
The rotation is perfect.but lets just hope the acting coach is smart enough to do that!

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Look for J-Mac to have a big game. I think if there's one guy who will want to prove something it's him. He has these final 18 games to save his season and make some bucks in free agency. If he can show that it was all Silas, he might be able to finagle a decent contract from someone this season.

Also he theoretically should be able to stay in front of Billups.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
futuristxen said:
Also he theoretically should be able to stay in front of Billups.
:no:

I don't think so. JMac is a horrible defender. I strongly doubt he could say ahead of him.

I expect Snow to start this game. Less flashy, but more efficient, and certainly a better defender. Sure, he can't shoot, but once he gets his confidence back, he should be able to stroke it in the mid 40s, not high 30s like he is right now...

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I don't think you can hope for too much in a game against the defending champions and coming right off of a coaching change, but the Cavs will be looking to turn things around in a big way. I see Snow, J-mac, and the bench trying to step it up after the embarassing loss to Toronto with Lebron outscoring the Cavs bench 56-18.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I am interested to see how Tay defends Lebron, He has done well in the past beside the previous explosion. I am expecting a very fired up Cavs squad due to the firing. Will be interesting to see if the team uses this to elevate their games? or if they use it as a crutch and cash in.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think the Cavs will win this game by the way.
It's a chance to make a statement. They will be fired up. And for the Pistons it's just another game.

The Cavs want to get in the Pistons heads a little right now, for a possible future matchup down the road in the playoffs.

And I think Richard Hamilton does a better job of guarding Lebron than Prince. Prince isn't strong enough, or quick enough. Wouldn't be suprised if Prince AND Hamilton guard Lebron most of the night.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
futuristxen said:
And I think Richard Hamilton does a better job of guarding Lebron than Prince. Prince isn't strong enough, or quick enough. Wouldn't be suprised if Prince AND Hamilton guard Lebron most of the night.
Hamilton isn't playing, but no way does he guard Lebron better than Tayshaun. That game we went off Rip was actually on him most of the night and Tay didn't play all that much.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
Hamilton isn't playing, but no way does he guard Lebron better than Tayshaun. That game we went off Rip was actually on him most of the night and Tay didn't play all that much.
Hamilton's quickness can bother Lebron and force him into help.
And yeah. I figured out that Hamilton isn't playing. Lol.

Eric Snow is looking fantastic so far. Jeff McWho?

If Snow can push it like he is doing right now, consistently, it will change the dynamics of the Cavs team.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Av and Sasha with good games so far. Didn't like the Harris sighting but atleast Malone didn't play him long. Also didn't like the Tractor sighting but AV getting big minutes

Good rest for Lebron

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Did Gooden get hurt? Or is AV really going to get some meaningful minutes?

I thought Sasha looked good as always. Paxson actually did right on that trade. I believe Brendon Malone was the guy who brought him over from Utah, so it's no suprise he's getting minutes under Malone. I love how the kid slashes to the basket. He's not soft. He was jawing at Rasheed it looked like that one time he went to the hole.

Lebron needs to go to the basket more this half. Get some fouls on the Wallaces.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
futuristxen said:
Lebron needs to go to the basket more this half. Get some fouls on the Wallaces.
Is it just me or has his shot selection really deteriorated since the start of the year?

It seemed like early on he was doing all of his scoring in the paint and shooting when he was open. Watching him lately it seems like he's obsessed the Paul Pierce "stand around with ball for 15 seconds and take a bad jumper" move.

It's not that he's bad at, just shot selection was one of the things that used to really stand out about him for me.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Snow is having a terrific game so far: he's going to start the rest of the year.

Don't understand Harris being the primary backup to Newble. Sasha played pretty good: he needs to see more time over the completely ineffective Harris

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
Is it just me or has his shot selection really deteriorated since the start of the year?

It seemed like early on he was doing all of his scoring in the paint and shooting when he was open. Watching him lately it seems like he's obsessed the Paul Pierce "stand around with ball for 15 seconds and take a bad jumper" move.

It's not that he's bad at, just shot selection was one of the things that used to really stand out about him for me.
I think it's just recently. And is a direct result of his teammates offensive ineptitude. Which I don't like. Because he has to trust his teammates for any success.

On the positive side, that jumper is looking pure. That pull up was pretty sick.

Lebron has total confidence in his jumper right now. For better or worse.

I like if he's taking the jumpers quick. But I dont like when he is standing there for 10 seconds and then pulling up for a fadeaway. That is vintige Paul Pierce. And it doesn't endeer you to your teammates.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts