Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
which is more important to win, shooting accuracy (fg) or point per game?
To me it's FG%. If you shoot a high % then you give the other team less opportunity for rebounds and fast break points, allows you defense to get back & setup, and you can control the tempo of the game.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Re: Meaningless records

Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
Detroits 5 games holding opponents under 70 pts is meaningless and not impressive at all.

Why???

Because even a crappy team like Cleveland held opponts under 75 points 17 games in a row a few years ago.

Yes, only 5 points more allowed than Detroit, but for 17 games, not only 5 like Detroit.
Way to spout off like a re-re *edited*. This never happened and what Detroit has been doing is one of the most impressive things in NBA history.

First and only team to hold 5 straight teams under 70 points.

First and only team to win 8 straight games by 20 or more points.

First and only team to hold 10 teams under 70 points in one season.

If none of that was impressive then how come NO ONE ELSE has EVER done it?

[strike]****[/strike]......:upset:

But thank you for posting something about Cleveland that never happened. I just love made up stats and figures.

No need for name calling, thanks.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtime84'</b>!

This scrub filled Pistons team isn't even the best defensive team in today's joke of league and when they get knocked out before the ECF's that's just gonna reinforce my point.
This is a joke right???

If not then you have lost all credibility and should stop posting immediately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please give me a freakin break.

In a league were only 2 teams can crack a 100 consistently while the rest of the teams struggle to put up between 80 and 90 points, specialy in the pathetic east, this record is absolutely meaningless.

What the Bad Boy teams of the 80's did, that was impresive!!! They were holding teams to the low 90's when the scores were usually in the 110's to 120+. That was a feat.

This scrub filled Pistons team isn't even the best defensive team in today's joke of league and when they get knocked out before the ECF's that's just gonna reinforce my point.
That didn't age well

81 - 84 of 84 Posts