Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way to completely meltdown the last 2 minutes of the half.

The refs are whistling Dallas back into the game. A couple of bad turnovers and attrocious offensive fouls and it's a 3 point game, terrible.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The officiating has been absolutely ridiculous since about 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Rip had a clear path to the basket and Josh Howard literally ran into him and they called a foul on Rip. It's been pretty baffling.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And yeah we were up 15 at one point in the second.

Right now Elden Campbell is our saving grace, he's been drawing a lot of obvious fouls in the post.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Looks like the refs and Dirk's superb offensive performance (40 points) finished the Pistons off.

Box Score

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why is Larry Brown so impatient with Memo? One mistake and he's out of the game. He played 3 minutes in the second half-why couldn't Joe D. have found a coach who enjoys coaching young players instead of viewing it as a necessary evil? I think that would have better not only for Memo but for Darko and probably Tayshaun as well...

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fear the fro</b>!
Why is Larry Brown so impatient with Memo? One mistake and he's out of the game. He played 3 minutes in the second half-why couldn't Joe D. have found a coach who enjoys coaching young players instead of viewing it as a necessary evil? I think that would have better not only for Memo but for Darko and probably Tayshaun as well...
I think Tayshaun is doing quite well under LB and I would also say that Tay is one of LB's favorite players. He gives him plenty of minutes and has nothing but good things to say about him. As for Memo, I think they had their moments earlier in the year, but now I think they're fine. Like I said in the game thread I didn't see the first half so I didn't see how he played, but Memo sittign out could've had more to do with his back problems than his play (just as hunch).

As for Darko... different story.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i was looking for a showcase game for memo, by that i mean a team that is thinking of moving a guy plays a player a ton against a possible suitor, it surprised me he didnt play that much. he may have been still nursing some back problems.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elden Campbell was playing so well and drawing so many fouls that when Dirk started burning Memo it was hard to keep EC out of the game.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Elden Campbell was playing so well and drawing so many fouls that when Dirk started burning Memo it was hard to keep EC out of the game.
you may be right,its been proven though when memo plays big minutes he produces. i dont like elden campbell being any focal point out there, the team isnt going anywhere with him in the lineup.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Fire Brown now, it's all his fault.
I actually think a coach's affect on the actual game is overestimated by most people. I don't blame him for every loss, or even most of them. But he is unquestionably responsible for determining playing time, and in that respect he has been short changing Memo, and to a lesser extent, Darko, all year. Wasn't Carlisle's refusal to play young players one of the reasons we got rid of him in the first place?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fear the fro</b>!

I actually think a coach's affect on the actual game is overestimated by most people. I don't blame him for every loss, or even most of them. But he is unquestionably responsible for determining playing time, and in that respect he has been short changing Memo, and to a lesser extent, Darko, all year. Wasn't Carlisle's refusal to play young players one of the reasons we got rid of him in the first place?
I believe it was more to do with him not getting along with the team, and becoming a lame-duck coach this season. Most people in Detroit loved Carlisle, but now that Larry is here and doing <b>better</b> than Carlisle did with the Pistons, sentiments have changed and blame is placed on the coach. I can't figure it out. Did people expect us to win 60 games this year?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts