Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the details about the firing of Dick Harter? OB resigned, but Harter was fired. It's as if the Celtics organization was just itching to fire the guy but wouldn't do it while OB was around. Harter did do a lot to turn the Celtics into a defense oriented team. Unfortunately, that didn't do much for their rebounding. Basically, the Celtics are now without 2 assistant coaches.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!
Does anyone know the details about the firing of Dick Harter? OB resigned, but Harter was fired. It's as if the Celtics organization was just itching to fire the guy but wouldn't do it while OB was around. Harter did do a lot to turn the Celtics into a defense oriented team. Unfortunately, that didn't do much for their rebounding. Basically, the Celtics are now without 2 assistant coaches.
I think its very odd. To me, Harter was the logical choice for coach once OBie was gone. It could be that Ainge wanted him and Harter refused and was fired or that Ainge talked to him and realized he couldn't control him like he can Carroll and decided to fire him. Either way, its quite bizzare.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Or that the philosophical differences that obie speaks of were regarding the defensive system of harter. danny was not happy with the rebounding and the defensive effort as of late...

He wants as welll as wyc an exciting offense, but not the same defense.. The players he brought in are not harters system players. Why the surprise???

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>!
Or that the philosophical differences that obie speaks of were regarding the defensive system of harter. danny was not happy with the rebounding and the defensive effort as of late...

He wants as welll as wyc an exciting offense, but not the same defense.. The players he brought in are not harters system players. Why the surprise???

This is true. Makes sense to me, we want an explosive offense and a rebounding team that can play the type of defense to seT up the run run and create an uptempo explosive offense, or am I interpreting this wRong?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts