Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
I agree with EVERY EVERY EVERY word he said.
How can you not? That's a stupid rule. I hope they change it, but I'm glad they didn't change it before last night. :bsmile:

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKfan4Life</b>!

How can you not? That's a stupid rule. I hope they change it, but I'm glad they didn't change it before last night. :bsmile:
Yes, that would've been a bad, bad thing. It really is a stupid rule
and hopefully it can be changed in the very near future.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The part that I hate is when someone (in this case Hawkins) dives on top of the payer who has the ball on the floor to cause the "held ball". That and wrapping someone up from behind should BOTH be fouls. Hate that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Was thinking about this earlier, did MSU have any timeouts left? It seemed like to me that maybe they had at least 1 left...so now you question, why wasn't any of the guards screaming for a time out when MSU was able to steal that ball? But oh well, who knows. I will say that the ref made a real fast jump ball call. The UK guy didn't even fully have his hands on the ball when the ref blew the whistle. That's another reason why the jump ball/alternate possession is stupid, because sometimes, refs seem so quick to call jump ball, even when both players do not clearly have the ball wrapped up..or sometimes, even both hands on the ball.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ they did NOT have any time-out's left. but, this is the thing, Bowers was calling a time-out, but the refs did not ever acknowledge it, and if they would have, then it would have been a technical on MSU, soo......

·
Registered
582 Posts
He WAS calling a time out? I did not see that... I will have to rewatch it... wow... that would have been a crappy way for MSU to lose the game...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ Yes I know, and not many people noticed that, the whole team was screaming timeout, thank god it didn't have to end like that. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts