Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It's been tough because I came to training camp with an injury," said Dickau, who missed the preseason and the first five games and with a Achilles' tendinitis. "I came in behind the eight-ball, so to speak. I've really got to fight for minutes here and there. I haven't really gotten a huge chance. I'm just waiting for that chance."

Dickau has seen "DNP-Coaches Decision" by his name 17 times this season. In nearly every visiting arena, some fan begs coach Terry Stotts and to play Dickau, a former Gonzaga standout. Dickau often looks around to spot the source, then turns his head and smiles.

"Obviously, I think I can help this team, but right now Coach is really comfortable with Jacque [Vaughn]," Dickau said. "It's one of those things that's frustrating for me, but Coach has to make a decisions he thinks are best. There's nothing I can say or do to change that, other than to work hard and wait on my chance."
Full Story

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Dickau should get a chance to play because Atlanta has been blowing chunks and they can't do any worse. Seems like the players don't like Stotts and vice versa.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I watched Dickau play today against the Lakers(since the starters were not getting it done) and he looks a lot quicker than last year. I think he is adjusting to the NBA game. I now believe he should get some minutes.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
He is never getting off the bench it seems. Not sure why Stotts won't play him because they can't get any worse.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dickau has gotten minutes in the last three games and has outplayed Jason Terry.

There is a strong possibility that had Stotts not taken Dickau out of the game against Houston, the Hawks may not blow that 16 point lead.

Dickau has been distributing the ball well and controlling the tempo of the offense when he's been in. Last night, he did something most people don't think he can do. He found and opening and penetrated into the lane for a lay up, which is something else Jason Terry refuses to do for whatever reason.

I don't know why Terry Stotts doesn't play him. It may have something to do with the fact that Terry Stotts knows he is a lame duck and isn't going to start the rebuilding process for the next head coach, so he's just going to stick with the same old brain dead players that are currently logging the most minutes.

IMO, Dickau, Hansen, and Crawford should be getting more playing time.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have confidence in Dan Dickau. Sooner rather than later Dickau will really prove himself on the court. I'm glad these past 5 games Dickau has been getting at least a couple minutes on the court. At least he isn't picking up the DNP and the one minute scrub minutes he usually gets. I think Stotts is finally realizing that Dickau can really contribute given time on the court. Dickau is a scoring (shooting) point guard who can put some numbers up in a hurry. They should try to fix him into the lineup at least 15-20 minutes a game, because Dickau can run an offense well, as well as make some plays for his own. I hope of the world for Dickau. He can contribute given time. Ca Mon Stotts, give the boy some minutes.

I will now be generating another fan club called: The Official Hey Stotts!! Give Dickau some minutes club.

·
Registered
34 Posts
dickau will back damon up

The other guys are fodder. omar cook is averadge. great passer but no jump shot and gill their is the scratch the head move. so cook will be let go on fridaythe 13th so dan will be getting time. unless damon is traded then he could start. soso theres the real deal. dan is a great PG :yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.