http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn050405-early05-06DazzlingDozen.html

He also has his early All-Rolls-Royce Team
G: Chris Paul | Wake Forest
G: J.J. Redick | Duke
C: Sean May | North Carolina
F: Adam Morrison | Gonzaga
F: Brandon Bass | LSU

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn050407-Early05-06All-Rolls-Royce.html

Of course these are basically meaningless until after the early entrants have declared.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
And he also had Illinois ranked like 12th last season to start the year.. He also had when Kansas had one loss ahead of the Illini until they went in their skid.. Pretty useless stuff if you ask me, but interesting :laugh:

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
meh, we don't know who's staying or what recruits are staying either. MEans nothing

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian34Cook said:
And he also had Illinois ranked like 12th last season to start the year.. He also had when Kansas had one loss ahead of the Illini until they went in their skid.. Pretty useless stuff if you ask me, but interesting :laugh:
His continued insistence upon Kansas being a great team this year was very annoying.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KJay said:
not as bad as his love for Puke.
expected from a jayhawks fan

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Well, he said UNC would win the 2005 title right after the UConn-GT game in 2004, and UConn was also his preseason pick to win it all that year. He might be annoying, but Dickie V knows his stuff better than most of the so called "experts" out there.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
HeinzGuderian said:
Well, he said UNC would win the 2005 title right after the UConn-GT game in 2004, and UConn was also his preseason pick to win it all that year. He might be annoying, but Dickie V knows his stuff better than most of the so called "experts" out there.
i think the majority of "experts" probably also had those same picks. they were fairly common picks to have been made. that's why unc was preseason number 1 and i think uconn probably was the year they won it too(i can't really remember though. they were definately highly ranked).

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
HeinzGuderian said:
True, but V does a better job of sticking with his pick throughout the year.
that's because his pick is always the most talented team in the country. if you pick the preseason top team in the country and they have the most talent, chances are, they're going to be doing well throughout the year and it's not really hard to stay with that pick.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
You can tell this is Dickie V's predictions....because Gonzaga is left off that list....

I'm not sure what Iowa is doing on that list or why Texas is listed so low....

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
rocketeer said:
i think the majority of "experts" probably also had those same picks. they were fairly common picks to have been made. that's why unc was preseason number 1 and i think uconn probably was the year they won it too(i can't really remember though. they were definately highly ranked).
I'm not 100% certain (but close to it), that Kansas and Wake Forest were 1-2 when the season started.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Isn't Paul gone?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
'05-'06 All-Americans:

Dee Brown
JJ Reddick
Adam Morrison
Marvin Williams