·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the ISU game is over.
We can talk BIG MONDAY.

Pokes v KU + DickieV @ GIA = GREATFIGHT

:cowboy: vs :verysad: + :reporter: @ :mob: = :starwars:

Sorry about the abuse of the smilies, but I'm exited about the game coming up and know thier are a lot of KU posters on this board. I know KU still has to take on TTech, but I'm ready to talk Big Monday now.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MavsPoke</b>!
Now that the ISU game is over.
We can talk BIG MONDAY.

Pokes v KU + DickieV @ GIA = GREATFIGHT

:cowboy: vs :verysad: + :reporter: @ :mob: = :starwars:

Sorry about the abuse of the smilies, but I'm exited about the game coming up and know thier are a lot of KU posters on this board. I know KU still has to take on TTech, but I'm ready to talk Big Monday now.
Kansas looked good int he first half against Texas Tech.

I am looking forward to this game too.

Too bad thtat I will miss the first half of the game.

I think Okie State will beat Kansas

·
Registered
398 Posts
If OSU wins it'll be by a blowout. Nothing against Oklahoma State. But for some reason I feel OSU won't be near as poised if the game is close IMO. I think OSU wins by double digits though. KU just isn't deep enough yet.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NickZepp</b>!
KU just isn't deep enough yet.
...just like everyone said they weren't deep enough last year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hollis</b>!
Should be a classic....The 2 best teams in the Big 12, the 2 best point guards in the league...

OSU by 3

Simien will have 20+ points, but OSU finds a way to win it with their perimeter game...
Did you just say that John Lucas is one of the 2 best PGs in the Big 12???

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BaylorTMW</b>!

Did you just say that John Lucas is one of the 2 best PGs in the Big 12???
Uh, yeah...and one of the better players regardless of position in the league IMO...

Who would you put in front of him at the PG position?? Drew Lavender? Royal Ivey? I don't think so...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Come on that's easy, the 2nd best point guard in the Big XII is easily Jeff Hawkins :laugh:. Actually I cringe everytime he goes in cause I can just feel an unadvised 3 coming.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Unless lil bowwow, i mean Lucas has improved around 40 times over from his days at Baylor, i dont buy that he is one of the better players in the Big 12.

However, i have not seen him play this year, so i dont know if his HORRIBLE defense and inability to pentrate and dish or his shoot up a 3 with 30 seconds left on the shot clock or his laziness to push the ball up the court have gotten better...

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
this is going to be a great game. (a blow out?) come on KU rarely get's blown out. I think Okie State will win, but not by more than 7.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KansasJayhawk</b>!
this is going to be a great game. (a blow out?) come on KU rarely get's blown out. I think Okie State will win, but not by more than 7.
I can name a few games that we were blown out

Last year UNC game
Okie State game a few years ago
This year Nevada team most of the game untile we made a big come back.

I can go on, rarely is a harsh word to use. I would say KU does not get blow out more than once or twice a season. That is better to say.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BaylorTMW</b>!
Unless lil bowwow, i mean Lucas has improved around 40 times over from his days at Baylor, i dont buy that he is one of the better players in the Big 12.

However, i have not seen him play this year, so i dont know if his HORRIBLE defense and inability to pentrate and dish or his shoot up a 3 with 30 seconds left on the shot clock or his laziness to push the ball up the court have gotten better...
Still bitter?;)

13.4 ppg, 5 assists per game, 2.4 rebounds per game, all while leading the conference in Assist/TO ratio (3.2)...

47% FG
89% FT
41% 3 pt

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On the Lucas subject... let's put it this way... w/o Lucas OSU probably would have been where the writers and caoches picked us to finish in the Big12 this year around 5th or 6th.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Maybe a little bit, but more so KT and UT. I was never really impressed with JLu when he was here. He was all that we had, and we were always loking for someone to come in and start while he comes off the bench to use his quickness.

Just watch out at the end of teh year, he WILL get tired, and then you will see some of his bad tendancies come out...

I am sure coaching has helped him, and he is on a better team now, so that helps...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My totally unbiased predictions:

Pokes run away with this one. So much so that at half time, Bill Self comes out of the locker room and goes and takes his place on the cowboy bench between Eddie and Sean. :ghug:

When asked about this astounding turn of events in the post game press conference, Self just states that he knew he had come home when he heard our crowd and couldn't be happier to be back on the staff for the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

So anyway...

:cowboy: OSU 87
:upset: KU 79

·
Registered
736 Posts
Obviously I know nothing about OSU since I'm basing my predictions off the preview in the Star, but they didn't seem to have any size inside, and Simien has been able to score against relatively small frontcourts (it's people over 6'9") he can't play against. But I'd expect him to score about 20 again, Padgett to play well, Giddens not to have another 18 point game, but Langford should get it done.

KU by 5.
What's the line? +4?

·
Registered
398 Posts
They look worse the OU did in Stillwater. I think OU closed it to within 9 points at halftime against OSU.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts