Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the exact same starting lineup as last year. Alot of you probably already know that by now, but I barely found out right now when I was playing some ESPN Basketball. Only difference is last year Kobe and Tmac lead the voting. If this has been discussed already, please feel free to delete this thread.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!
I didin't notice right away, but soon after I did. Just goes to show how stupid fan voting is and that its the favorite players and not the best (in some cases).

i dont think its necessarily their favorites but guys who are hyped the most. why would steve francis be a league wide fan favorite?

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!

Why wouldn't he be? He can jump high and dunk the ball, and that wins a lot of fans over.
he never won anything at maryland, he refused to play for the team that drafted him(vancouver) and he does a terrible job of running his team from the pg position. as for dunking the ball try watching streetball you might find it more entertaining.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!

he never won anything at maryland, he refused to play for the team that drafted him(vancouver) and he does a terrible job of running his team from the pg position. as for dunking the ball try watching streetball you might find it more entertaining.
dont hate on him!!
He is one of the few players who was able to do 20+ 6+ 6+. He is not just entertaining when he dunks!! His crossover is one of the best in the league!

·
Banned
22,939 Posts

I wasn't talking about myself. I don't think he deserves to be there at all this year. I agree with you, but I was just saying, to a lot of people that vote, it doesn't matter

·
Registered
313 Posts
Francis is capable of doing 20-6-6, but he did that last year. This year, he's going for 16 and 5. Good, but not an all-star starter's numbers. I wish fans knew Cassell was dominating this season. Plus, his team is performing better.

Don't forget that Vince Carter relinquished his spot to the retiring Michael Jordan last year, after Tracy McGrady unsuccessfully tried to do the same. So, the elected starters are the same, however the actualy starters will be different, unless MJ unretires again.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
if everybody is healthy, it will be same election next year.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe people don't only focus on what they can't do like most people here, and base it on what they can do

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by <b>panthera_pardus</b>!
Guys don´t worry, Cassell will be getting more minutes than Francis. Don´t forget who is going to be coaching the West...
But most coaches tend not to play their own players as much, just to show they're not like that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
if everybody is healthy, it will be same election next year.
no it will probually be the same, Vince was out the last 2 years and got voted in, and what was one of his first games back from injury last year, the all star game, fans just are stupid. they vote on their "favorite" player, and not the best ones. thats why players get snubbed every year. This year, tons of deserving players will get snubbed. YAO STARTING OVER SHAQ TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!! thats rediculous!! Shaq is the most dominating force in the NBA, and cant start a All star game now that a soft, 7'5, unpolished center is in the league. All star voting is a joke, and could be alot better if the players that deserve it got in, and the players that dont dont get in. GET THE BALLOTS OUT OF LITTLE KIDS HANDS AND PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME!!

·
Registered
10,030 Posts

There are exceptions, but not many college atheletes accomplish alot in his freshmen year, besides that has nothing to do with his play in the NBA.

Anyhow, Steve is an allstar player. He numbers say so, his talent says so, and he's showman ship says so.

·
Registered
346 Posts
francis should not have made the team this year. point blank. And mos def not as a starter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.