Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I played it on the Dreamcast and you can play street-ball 2 on 2 in it. Nothing beats the Franchise mode though

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to buy it (thursday). So I heard that you can improve you stats over time so how long do you have to wait, not one season I hope?!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by the_truth
I can't wait to buy it (thursday). So I heard that you can improve you stats over time so how long do you have to wait, not one season I hope?!
Yeah, they improve gradually, but not at a rapid pace at all. It takes time. thing is, if you don't play someone, their stats deteriorate.

I've got Tyson Chandler riding the bench and I can't get him more than 10-15 mins a game!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
sick game

Great gameplay, but the thing that sucks for ps2 is that the options don't work very well. You can't change quarter lengths in franchise, and when you make a trade you can't take a player out in the middle. Its frustratiing but the gameplay makes up for that. Its good now to cuz the ball doesn't fly through defensive players anymore, they actually know it down.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: sick game

Originally posted by (-) 0 † § I-I () †
1...You can't change quarter lengths in franchise...,

2...and when you make a trade you can't take a player out in the middle.
1. That sucks that you can't change the quarter lenghts
2. I don't quiet understand what you mean on number 2

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
NBA 2K2

The graphics kinda suck. But the Franchise mode kicks major a$$! The up and down style of play is pretty fun aswell. :yes:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by mduke
You should buy it on eBay, it's much cheaper. I just got SSX for $19 w/shipping and All star Baseball 2003 for $26 w/shipping. I bet you could find 2k2 cheaper than that.
There is this local store I go to and its 35 bucks, plus also I am not a huge EBay fan, and plus my mom cannot know that I bought it. :angel:

I also went to toysRus and it was sold out there, too

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got the game (2 weeks later then expected) and wanted to say that it really kicks major A$$, one thing I found a little dissapointing is that you can't play on half court and 1 on 1. Also I was able to edit the quarter lenghts in the Franchise mode.

One question is there any way to check out the league leaders in points, rebs, blks, etc. when you play the franchise mode???

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Re: sick game

Originally posted by (-) 0 † § I-I () †
Great gameplay, but the thing that sucks for ps2 is that the options don't work very well. You can't change quarter lengths in franchise, and when you make a trade you can't take a player out in the middle. Its frustratiing but the gameplay makes up for that. Its good now to cuz the ball doesn't fly through defensive players anymore, they actually know it down.
Those are the two things that annoy me about the game. You have to play 5 minute quarters, sometimes I want to play less, sometimes more. You should be able to adjust the quarter lengths!

The trade part is really frustrating. In Live 2002 you can just take out a player in a trade talk. In 2K2, you have to start the trade all over again.:upset:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts