Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is just sick and tired from having to play PG. He played for a few minutes and he kept gettin the ball jacked, when he went out he threw his headband and just kept walking past the bench and went into the locker room. I felt bad for him, anyone who is put in the situation he's in has a good chance of failing, its not fair to him as a player. Being a SG or SF is drastically different than being a PG. He came back for the second half though, I saw him on the bench.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
man, he's just not being put in a position where he can succeed. it's just too bad, because he's got a ton of talent.

the one plus I can see is that he's always looked so nervous on the court. when he finally gets minutes at the 2/3, it's going to be so much easier for him.

I still don't quite get why we haven't seen Derek Anderson bring the ball up once since trading McInnis. he could pass it off to Woods once he crosses midcourt.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Mo's fault, I just don't see how this can be good for Qyntel at all. It's killin in confidence and I felt so bad when I saw him come out throwing his headband and just walking to the locker room when the game was going on.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Fellas, with Damon bringing 12points and 12 assists we wont see DA or Q doing to much bringing of squat up the court except the mouse some water.

I can't believe how many times Damon and Sheed suckered the Baby Bulls into that high pick and roll. :laugh:

God if it could only be that easy every night between those two!

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Damon can't play 48 minutes a game. he's in phenominal shape, but there's almost nobody who logs over 40 mpg, especially at the point guard position which involves more sprinting than any other. even he says he doesn't want more than 38.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing DA run the point and let Q play the 2, Miles at the three Zach at 4 Sheed at five for the minutes Damon needs to rest.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Here was the problem tonight - when Q came into the game, he was in there with Davis, Stepania, Patterson and Person. Davis and Stepania can't help out in the backcourt like Sheed or even Randolph can. Patterson is not that great a ballhandler and Person is even worse. So of course the Bulls pressured Qyntel to death - because there was nobody else in there to help him.

If Mo is committed to having Qyntel play backup PG, he needs to change his substitution pattern to allow Qyntel to play his minutes with - as Terrible suggests - DA in the game with him. That would take a LOT of pressure off of Qyntel bringing the ball upcourt and allow him to focus on playing the point in the halfcourt set - which he is much better at than he is in bringing the ball upcourt in the midst of pressure.

I agree that Mo's decisions are part of Qyntel's frustration. He needs to ensure a "winning situation" by putting some better ballhandlers out there with Qyntel. Or else I feel it's just going to kill the confidence of this young man.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
It seems that Mo may be running an A squad and a B squad but ya can't do that if the PG on the B squad is raw. The offense stalls just like a motor boat engine. Put Q with the A team from time to time and then see how he can create and move with and without the ball. Something tells me he could be really dangerous with Sheed,Miles, Zbo and DA out there.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sambonius</b>!
He is just sick and tired from having to play PG. He played for a few minutes and he kept gettin the ball jacked, when he went out he threw his headband and just kept walking past the bench and went into the locker room. I felt bad for him, anyone who is put in the situation he's in has a good chance of failing, its not fair to him as a player. Being a SG or SF is drastically different than being a PG. He came back for the second half though, I saw him on the bench.
So, I parked in the lower level of the Garden Garage tonight, just past where the players park. Qyntel was getting in his car just as we were pulling out...barely 10 minutes after the game was over. Press conferences hadn't even happened yet.

Not a good sign.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I agree Terrible. Q would be a better PG with Sheed and ZBo to throw it to. His problems at the point become compounded when when his only options down low are Stepania and Davis.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Thus Nathan he is the only option with that crew in! Mo needs to do better in the Q area. Q is a special player and I hoop we get to see it.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts

Cheeks needs to put Qyntel back in his natural position and stop trying to force him to be a pg.

They just need to be shopping around for a pass first pg to fill the 12th roster spot before Wednesday.

·
Registered
519 Posts
we need another PG i can't believe since the "trade" we haven't picked up one yet..still can't belive we won the games that have been played...:D

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
OK, all you Q lovers.....

Would you be OK with Drading DA or Wes for a PG?

Because, with the emergence of Miles on this team, that's about all that seems to make sense. That is, unless Q just hangs for the season and the Blazers don't re-sign Wes.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Woods needs to stop blaming it on the coach and do some practicing. No he won't be a PG, but other big men have done it. It looks like he is just trying to be cool or something, DA, Miles... they can bring the ball up the court, not Woods though. We will have a backup point guard soon, but until then, I am suprized Woods ins't putting a bit more effort into it. YOu'd think he'd be happy to be out there in any capacity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts