Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
LeBron far exceeded my expectations. I thought he'd average about 12-13 ppg and have growing pains but even when he was starting at the pg position he was clearly the best Cavalier on the floor. Moving him to the 2 allowed him to exploit his ability even more, which is a far cry from people opinion that he just couldn't cut it there. As I mentioned earlier I was disappointed that he didn't draw as many fouls as I'd thought but frankly that was a product of him being a rookie as well (along with the fact that he's so big that even when fouled you won't see him fall or even show the impact, he's just that strong). You guys can bash him at will, frankly I don't care. I'm just glad he's on the Cavaliers. Hype or no, he's one heck of a player and he still has room to improve which should scare the heck out of you guys.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PauloCatarino</b>!

What did he do?? :whoknows:
I added to that post. I think maybe the guy who actually saw Alcindor play in HS in person knows a little more than you do.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spriggan9</b>!

:laugh:

Who am I biased against? Who am I biased for? Didn't I just tell you that LeBron isn't one of my favorite players and I've argued against him more often than any other player?

YOU'RE calling ME biased? The guy who thinks Magic was a superior player to MJ is calling me biased. I love it.

LeBron was a better HS player than Kobe and Kareem. And Wilt.

He took crappy players who were never going to be Division 1 players and went up against teams with several Division 1 prospects... and beat them all. He defines "making teammates better".

Good job ignoring all my other points too. :greatjob:
Shiggins is one of the smartest posters on the board and i gathered he hated lebron and loved melo , but he defends points well and Paulo all your points are so out there . the kids 18 what do you want 40/20/20 on 60 % shooting? this aint nba live

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SamTheMan67</b>!

Shiggins is one of the smartest posters on the board and i gathered he hated lebron and loved melo , but he defends points well and Paulo all your points are so out there . the kids 18 what do you want 40/20/20 on 60 % shooting? this aint nba live
F! :upset:

Read the freaking thread, won´t you?

And who the hell is shiggins?

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
That's it, I'm gonna become a Supporting Member and change my name to Shiggins.
:laugh: That would be great. Shiggins, that's awesome.

LeBron only lost what, 4 games in his High School career?

They were pretty good. And he didn't have a team full of D1 recruits like Carmelo did at Oak Hill.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

Are you seriously saying, "Sure, LeBron James couldn't shoot or play defense, but that's OK, neither can Ndudi Ebi?" What? LeBron was supposed to be able to do things that no rookie from high school had ever done. If you even have to make the excuse that "Tracy McGrady couldn't do it either when he was a rookie," you're admitting that the answer to the question this thread asked, is no.

Remember how much Cleveland sucked at the beginning of the year? They only improved when they brought in some nice veteran role players like Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Jeff McInnis. Just adding LeBron didn't make them that much better at all. Yes, I did expect a guy who people were saying was already a great all-around player, to add more W's than he did.
You are lying or admitting to being a fool if you thought Lebron was coming in with a strong jumpshot and defense. Both of those things were routinely trumpted as to why Lebron wouldn't be able to just come into the league and dominate. Lebron's J was heavily scrutinized, it still is.

I thought your expectations for the Cavs win total was always very dim. You don't even like them now to do jack. So I have a hard time believing that the team didn't exceed your expectations.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
let him prove it to me

Originally posted by <b>DaUnbreakableKinG</b>!
I think he lived up to the hype. I still believe that one day we will mention his name together with MJ, Wilt and other greats of all time. :gopray:
Well he has to prove that on the court first.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

You are lying or admitting to being a fool if you thought Lebron was coming in with a strong jumpshot and defense. Both of those things were routinely trumpted as to why Lebron wouldn't be able to just come into the league and dominate. Lebron's J was heavily scrutinized, it still is.

I thought your expectations for the Cavs win total was always very dim. You don't even like them now to do jack. So I have a hard time believing that the team didn't exceed your expectations.
Another good poster but will never make it to the coaching staff level.

James shoots the ball or not, he has the skills to do stop and pop jumper already.

And the thing I am not impressive about is he was doing the move against Penny Hardaway!

Carter against Penny, got by him first before doing other things.
Kobe aginst Penny, got by him first before doing other things.

Sure 2 points is 2 points. But he is using the move that only should against the top tier defensive player but not against bad man to man defender.

James is mature, he has the 98 Jordan skillsets. His physical limitation didnt allow James to display as good as the 98 Jordan. I admit James at the begining of the season, he didnt know how quick the "recover" defense can come so he got a few shots blocked from behind like in his first game against Christie.

Pls PM me if u guys need further Lebron Jame's weaknesses!

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
It's funny how it's pretty much impossible to mention LeBron's name without someone bringing up Carmelo.

And vice versa.

Those two are siamese twins for the rest of their careers.
Not really, Carmelo better enjoy the comparisons now while they still happen. LeBron was simply amazing last lear. And unlike 'Melo, he didn't throw a hissy fit when his point guard passed the ball to someone else. LeBron kicks major booty. Carmelo is just good.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ehmunro</b>!

Not really, Carmelo better enjoy the comparisons now while they still happen. LeBron was simply amazing last lear. And unlike 'Melo, he didn't throw a hissy fit when his point guard passed the ball to someone else. LeBron kicks major booty. Carmelo is just good.
We all can be immature sometimes so i droped the whole melo ba by crying thing a long time ago.. but the simple fact is that lebron >melo and lebron>melo forever in the future (IMO)

ps. i know lbj sucks sherako you dont gotta tell me:sigh:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!

My feelings exactly ArtestFan.

Um, didn't you once say Sam Cassell was a slasher?
Nope. I said he could take it to the basket, which he can and does on a regular basis. You foolishly said that he doesn't, making it obvious to the world that you hardly watched a Wolves game last season...

81 - 100 of 135 Posts