Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION TELLING ME DIKEMBE WILL BE A NET BY LATER TODAY OR MAYBE TOMMOROW-THE DEAL IS DONE-DIKEMBE IS A NET

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
What's the deal?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
If you have inside information than you must be able to share more details.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I understand that you won't believe me--*Edit*, Dikembe called and she passed the work to him...it is hard to believe-but i am not lying

·
7,624 Posts
May I ask again, what's the deal?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Sounds like a plausible connection...but do you know what the deal is? I assume either Van Horn or Martin would have to be involved.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hard to find a deal that works under the cap and would make sense for Philadelphia. Maybe Mutombo for Keith Van Horn, Todd MacCulloch and Jason Collins.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know any details b/c she obviously doesnt know or remember players names as well as any of us would

You would have to imagine that Martin or Van Horn has to be invovled

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
TRUE OR FALSE ?!?!?!

Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
I understand that you won't believe me--my mom works for Zo in Miami and Dikembe called and she passed the work to him...it is hard to believe-but i am not lying

Man.....You're all over the place with this topic, Hey!!!....You've got a lot of people thinking now??? if what you're saying is true.......then Good Job on the insider.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
A trade that works under the cap would be MacColluch/Van Horn for Mutumbo.

It's not a bad trade for either team. Mutumbo is "36" in only his dreams, but he'd still be a very good defensive force and rebounder for the Nets. Imagine how perfect he'd be rebounding, and then kicking it to Kidd to start the break? It also clears more room for Jefferson.

As for what the Sixers got... they really wanted to keep MacColluch, but couldn't afford it. He's a young center, that's improved every year he's been in the league. Also, Van Horn still has a lot of talent, and his only problem is the mental aspect of the game. Maybe playing with a great coach like Larry Brown would help him out.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BBallFan</b>!
A trade that works under the cap would be MacColluch/Van Horn for Mutumbo.

It's not a bad trade for either team. Mutumbo is "36" in only his dreams, but he'd still be a very good defensive force and rebounder for the Nets. Imagine how perfect he'd be rebounding, and then kicking it to Kidd to start the break? It also clears more room for Jefferson.

As for what the Sixers got... they really wanted to keep MacColluch, but couldn't afford it. He's a young center, that's improved every year he's been in the league. Also, Van Horn still has a lot of talent, and his only problem is the mental aspect of the game. Maybe playing with a great coach like Larry Brown would help him out.
Hmmm, MacCulloch and Van Horn for Mutombo. Yeah, it works in RealGM. I suppose this deal isn't such a reach. Somebody earlier said something about Kenyon Martin and Van Horn for Mutombo, which is obviously NOT going to happen. But Van Horn and MacCulloch would probably get it done. The Nets NEED to get rid of Van Horn's contract, someway, somehow, although I'm not sure that this is the best way to do it. Mutombo's contract is huge, too, and it lasts for three more years.

I actually sort of like the Van Horn and Jamie Feick for Allan Houston idea. Houston's contract sucks, TOO, but he'd be an upgrade over Kerry Kittles, he'd give the team a great outside shooter, and he'd allow Richard Jefferson to start, AND you get rid of Jamie Feick's contract (three years to go on that mother scratcher). The Knicks could THEN move Latrell Sprewell over to SG where he belongs, Van Horn could start at SF. The Knicks need to shake things up a little bit.

BOTTOM LINE: The Nets AIN'T gonna trade Kenyon Martin for Dikembe Mutombo.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Mutumbo's contract is a year shorter than Van Horn's contract... and I like the idea of having Mutumbo around for that length of time, because it allows having Mutumbo/Collins for the perfect amount of time before Collins can be expected to be the starter, with Krstic getting experience behind/alongside him. (as opposed to a logjam if they still have MacColluch under contract as well)

As for Allan Houston... I'd much rather have Kerry Kittles at the 2 than Houston. Kittles is a much better defender, and a better athlete (having Houston instead would hurt the running game). Also, losing Van Horn without adding a rebounder would make the Nets a much weaker rebounding team, which would also hurt the running game.

(also, having Houston and Kittles would mean having two bad contracts for the same position)

·
Registered
450 Posts
in my opinion, one of the reasons they are getting mutombo is because they want garnett, and the twolves need a good center. so they could trade mutombo and maybe martin or somebody else to get garnett, they want garnett and kidd to be on the same team, but this is in my opinion. it could happen.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!
in my opinion, one of the reasons they are getting mutombo is because they want garnett, and the twolves need a good center. so they could trade mutombo and maybe martin or somebody else to get garnett, they want garnett and kidd to be on the same team, but this is in my opinion. it could happen.
If that were the case then they would involve Minnesota now. Mutumbo can't be dealt again for at least 60 days.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
good call man

·
7,624 Posts
HOLY **** TRADE IS DONE! KVH and Maculloch to Sixers for Deke!!!

Caron, I WILL NEVER doubt you again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts