Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION TELLING ME DIKEMBE WILL BE A NET BY LATER TODAY OR MAYBE TOMMOROW-THE DEAL IS DONE-DIKEMBE IS A NET

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I think it's a good deal for 76ers

I'm sure that most people will say that the 76ers got the short end of the stick on this deal, but I think it was actually a very good one for them.

Mutombo's main prowess was as a defender and rebounder. He was also 36 years old. To a certain extent, his age makes him expendable because without any significant offseason moves, the Sixers were not in a position to really contend next year. They needed a shakeup, plain and simple.

Now I will pose these two questions: Where were the Sixers strong, and where were they lacking? Answer: Defense, and Offense. Their defense, across the board, is strong even without Mutombo. Iverson, McKie, Snow and now Maculloch will more than suffice on the defensive end. Offensively they were horrid outside of Iverson. They were in very desperate need of a #2 scorer. KVH should certainly provide that scoring punch. Say what you will about him, but he is a versatile scorer from midrange and outside who is still very talented and may flourish in a new setting. I see him being able to contribute 17-18 ppg this coming season. Also, being a shooter at 6'10 should help spread the opposing defense and give Iverson more room to work with. I think KVH's presence will probably bring up Iverson's FG% about 3 percentage points.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Problem

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
yes

usually i would do this via PM but you took a lot of Heat from thius rumor and it stood up. I hafta give you props. Maybe ZO will get some more phone calls and we can find out some more insider info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts