Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nate's GOTTA give Martell some long, hard consideration now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SolidGuy3 said:
Two words, garbage time.
Martell = 7 Min. 13 Points
Rest Of Bench = 103 Min. 19 Points
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
How did Martell look? I mean, he hit a lot of three pointers in garbage time, but did he do other things? After all, Monia has shot at an incredible % these past few games, and he's still only getting spot minutes. He's done more to earn minutes than Webster has.

That said, the performance of Webster and Monia makes the signings of Smith and Dixon seem strange. Wouldn't it've been nicer to get a backup PF?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,509 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Two words, garbage time.
Ten words: Garbage time or not, the dude can flat out shoot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,509 Posts
meru said:
How did Martell look? I mean, he hit a lot of three pointers in garbage time, but did he do other things? After all, Monia has shot at an incredible % these past few games, and he's still only getting spot minutes. He's done more to earn minutes than Webster has.

That said, the performance of Webster and Monia makes the signings of Smith and Dixon seem strange. Wouldn't it've been nicer to get a backup PF?
He had one VERY nice dunk down the lane. Very athletic. I was actually very surprised at how well he got up and down the court. He had another dunk on the fast break too. Defense? There wasn't much played in garbage time, so that's hard to say. Overall, it's the best I've ever seen him look.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Portland needs a back-up PF but John Nash is too lazy to get one. I've said all along we need to trade Ruben Patterson for Malik Rose, maybe add more players in the deal. I don't know why all of you are against Malik Rose, wait, he doesn't have upside, Portland year in and year out only drafts HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, we are the only team doing it, stop it!
 

·
Schilster Supreme
Joined
·
13,610 Posts
Hitting the 3 is hitting the 3....BTW Miamis Bench players that were in...Gary Payton Antoine Walker...Garbage time agains a deep team is sometimes toughr than a bad teams regular bench.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SolidGuy3 said:
Portland needs a back-up PF but John Nash is too lazy to get one....
Too lazy?

I'm sure there are reasons - good, bad, or otherwise - but, I really wouldn't consider laziness as being one of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,509 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Portland needs a back-up PF but John Nash is too lazy to get one.
That's probably the dumbest thing ever posted in the history of the internet.

SolidGuy3 said:
I've said all along we need to trade Ruben "The Rapist" Patterson for Malik Rose, maybe add more players in the deal. I don't know why all of you are against Malik Rose, wait, he doesn't have upside, Portland year in and year out only drafts HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, we are the only team doing it, stop it!
Who's to say that Portland hasn't offered Ruben straight up for Malik Rose and been turned down? You don't. So...stop repeating it as 'evidence' that John Nash is 'lazy.'
 

·
Schilster Supreme
Joined
·
13,610 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Portland needs a back-up PF but John Nash is too lazy to get one. I've said all along we need to trade Ruben Patterson for Malik Rose, maybe add more players in the deal. I don't know why all of you are against Malik Rose, wait, he doesn't have upside, Portland year in and year out only drafts HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, we are the only team doing it, stop it!
I'm not against him as a player, so you are wrong in your assertation that all of us are against it. The reason people are against Malik is the 4 years remaining on his contract beyond this year...for a 6'7" PF.

As afar as HS Players...You won't have to worry about that HS players are no longer eligible for the draft, besides what players are impact players that could have been had and aren't HS players.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Fork said:
That's probably the dumbest thing ever posted in the history of the internet.



Who's to say that Portland hasn't offered Ruben straight up for Malik Rose and been turned down? You don't. So...repeating it as 'evidence' that John Nash is 'lazy.'
Because if Nash did offer it, the Knicks would jump on it in a second. I love Malik Rose and we can teach Randolph how to be an inside presence even if you don't have great jumping ability. John Nash has done a sub-par IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,509 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
...Portland year in and year out only drafts HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, we are the only team doing it, stop it!
Like Jarrett Jack, Sergei Monia and Victor Khryapa?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,509 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Because if Nash did offer it, the Knicks would jump on it in a second. I love Malik Rose and we can teach Randolph how to be an inside presence even if you don't have great jumping ability. John Nash has done a sub-par IMO.
If the Knicks would jump on it in a second...then why would that be a great deal for us? Don't say because Malik Rose is such a great inside presence. We suck. He isn't going to put us over the top. so the move would be pointless.
 

·
Schilster Supreme
Joined
·
13,610 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Because if Nash did offer it, the Knicks would jump on it in a second. I love Malik Rose and we can teach Randolph how to be an inside presence even if you don't have great jumping ability. John Nash has done a sub-par IMO.
"Hi Ike, this is John, I'll give you a guy who can opt out this summer and players your thinnnest position, for one of your biggest redundances and 4 times the contract"

You accuse him of being lazy but want him to be flat out stupid.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Fork said:
Like Jarrett Jack, Sergei Monia and Victor Khryapa?
Jermaine O'Neal - 1st Round
Qyntel Woods - 1st Round
Travis Outlaw - 1st Round
Sebastian Telfair - 1st Round
Martell Webster - 1st Round

You would think by now one of these players would be an All-Star, oh wait Jermaine O'nela is but we traded him away to the Pacers.
 

·
Schilster Supreme
Joined
·
13,610 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Jermaine O'Neal - 1st Round
Qyntel Woods - 1st Round
Travis Outlaw - 1st Round
Sebastian Telfair - 1st Round
Martell Webster - 1st Round

You would think by now one of these players would be an All-Star, oh wait Jermaine O'nela is but we traded him away to the Pacers.
Ohh my gosh, I dang near fell out of my chair! 1st off Woods wasn't a HS player. 2nd, Woods O'Neal and Outlaw were all Whitsitt picks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
Don't let this thread get derailed because of someone trolling :(



I'd like to see Webster get some of Miles minutes. Right now Darius is averaging almost 40 mins a game and that's too many. Take 5 min from him and Dixon, give Webster about 10 a game.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top