Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I think the response you will get from whomever...

....that poster WAS, is....that there is no way to predict injuries and that it could have just as easily happened to tyson or curry. conditioning does have an awful lot to do with preventing injuries tho....ask jamal. Had he been a little stronger he would not have torn up his knee.:sleep:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Arhroscopic surgey is nothing he'll be ready for the start of the season, remember Marshal Faulk came back 2 weeks after he had it.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by dlt3
Diop is going to have knee surgery.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/articles/20020730/418642.html

Now, who was it again that was saying the Bulls should have taken Diop over Eddy Curry?
I believe that poster was Balla123456789, who likes to post a lot about Diop vs. Curry for some reason. I believe he's responsible for starting such gems as "Eddy Curry is not athletic" and "Who is better Eddy Curry or James Lang". I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by dlt3
Diop is going to have knee surgery.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/articles/20020730/418642.html

Now, who was it again that was saying the Bulls should have taken Diop over Eddy Curry?
First the big Z and now Diop. Injury prone centers are welcome in Cleveland I guess. Maybe now Mihm comes down with a mysterious uncurable ingrown toenail that puts him on the IR.

By the way, I do remember Skip Bayless (former Trib writer) getting off on how the Bulls should have drafted Diop. I never, never agreed with anything Skip said.. but the guy was cool and he wrote me back whenever I emailed him. Not sure who else, or what other posters for that matter, would take Diop over Curry. Yikes.

VD

·
Registered
520 Posts
Who would be a more productive center: A healthy Dali or Diop on a gurnee rolling towards the operating room... hmm...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Da, um...he's got a knee.

True, orthroscopic surgery is pretty common, that in itself is no major reason for concern, however, Diop has also had foot problems. Plus, he's fat, which also increases his chances of further injuries.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Kramer
Who would be a more productive center: A healthy Dali or Diop on a gurnee rolling towards the operating room... hmm...
:laugh:

And to everyone else Diop had big time foot problems last year (mostly because he was about 335lbs.) But this offseason we was down to a trim 290lbs. That's why he was doing so much better in summer league. Having knee problems after losing 45 lbs. doesn't sound good -but maybe it was a lingering problem from before he lost the weight.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Diop had foot problems in high school, and when you're as big as Diop is, the more aggravating the injury is. This is a mental test for Diop, since Shaq has been suffering from foot problems lately, but is still the most dominant player in the NBA.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Alls I can say is,

Doesn't Krause look good for making that sneak work-out leak bill up Diop's value so he could then swing in at #4 and snatch Curry.

Man, is the guy good or what?

Or maybe it's just the GM over there at the Cavs is just an idiot. Didn't he take Mihm for JC? :)

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by settinUpShop
Doesn't Krause look good for making that sneak work-out leak bill up Diop's value so he could then swing in at #4 and snatch Curry.

Man, is the guy good or what?
Unless I'm missing sarcasm in your post, how exactly did Krause build up Diop's value if he was taken at, what was it, #8 (well after Curry)? Now if someone drafting ahead of the Bulls had drafted Diop thereby leaving Curry for Krause, your comment would have some merit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts