Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Well remember how we though he was the defensive stopper of our future after that game against Brand and the Clips a few years back? That petered out quick

He does have a huge frame so he will have these games every once in awhile. The question is how will he do when people actually pay attention to him.

·
Registered
502 Posts
He will wake up one morning and remember, "Hey, I'm Dsagana Diop!" and he will ring up 5 fouls in 10 minutes and take 3 22 foot jumpers in a row.

Nice kid though.

2,290 Posts
I am routing for the Kid. He never really got his chance, not like he deserved it, but still. I could see him getting time over Alan Henderson on this team. He couldnt play on our squard b/c all we had was Lebron and Z, and if he sub in for Z. That meant we had Newble/Snow/Diop on the floor at one time, and thats just horried.

But Diop-Marshall-Bron-Hughes-DJ.... that would be interesting...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Maybe he can pull his game around in Dallas. I dont think that this will continue though. When I look at this team and I realize that he would not even fit or would really be needed. Sure he could be a backup up center but the three man rotation of Gooden Marshall and Z has worked great plus when AV comes back he will add another element to the teams game.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I thought it was a fluke as well. Then I saw a picture of Diop. The kid is actually cut. Yeah, every year it was mentioned how he had lost weight and he had to a certain extent. But he was never in shape as a Cavalier. He just showed no heart as a Cavalier, assuming that he was never going to get his shot. I guess when nobody pursued him as a FA (except Dallas) he decided to get serious about working out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts