Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dallas Mavericks star forward Dirk Nowitzki again was voted European Player of the Year on Friday by La Gazzetta dello Sport, a prestigious Italian newspaper.

In 2003, Nowitzki was named to his second NBA All-Star team and led the Mavericks to their first appearance in the Western Conference finals in 15 years. However, he was unable to lift Germany to an Olympic berth in the European Championships in September.

The 2002 winner, Nowitzki received 132 points, outpolling Sacramento Kings forward Peja Stojakovic of Serbia and Montenegro, who received 103 points.
LINK

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I don't know, Dirks stats will fall due to all the new weapons, if Webber misses more time. I'd bet it would be possible for Peja to out-stat Dirk.

-Petey

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
I don't know, Dirks stats will fall due to all the new weapons, if Webber misses more time. I'd bet it would be possible for Peja to out-stat Dirk.

-Petey
Maybe this year, but I'd have a hard time believing Chris will be out for the next 5 years...I was talking about the distant future...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dre1218us</b>!

Maybe this year, but I'd have a hard time believing Chris will be out for the next 5 years...I was talking about the distant future...
The man misses 2 months every season. I am not wishing this upon him at all because it would be horrible. But the chances of him missing a full season are about as high as for him then any other player in the league...

-Petey

·
Registered
346 Posts
in 2 years ak will be the best euro in the league

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
^^ I think he will be 3 behind Dirk and Peja but he will be real good. Plus he has the best nickname in sports. AK-47

·
Registered
346 Posts
have you seen ak's statline?

16 points 8 boards 2 blocks 3 dimes 2 steals a game. 44 from 2 land 34 from 2 land 81 from da line and this is only his first year as a starter. and he's only 22 years old!

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!
have you seen ak's statline?

16 points 8 boards 2 blocks 3 dimes 2 steals a game. 44 from 2 land 34 from 2 land 81 from da line and this is only his first year as a starter. and he's only 22 years old!
I know that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
and you don't think he'll get better? he's already teh most complete euro in the league

·
Registered
346 Posts
no doubt

hands down it's dirk, peja, ak in that order. I think in the next 2 years ak will be the best though.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!
no doubt

hands down it's dirk, peja, ak in that order. I think in the next 2 years ak will be the best though.
Cuban should trade for AK-47 just kidding we are good for 3-4 years. The big thing is getting Nash to come back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts