Votes: 14 9.9%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 67 47.2%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Lebron.
This doesn't mean right now is the better player, because right now Dirk is on another level.. but for the future of my franchise a want Lebron, the chosen one... even if Yao is also intringuing..

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Three unique players....but I'll go with Yao.

I don't think LeBron will ever be Jordan-esque, so we all know the formula for winning a title is a dominant big man, which Yao should turn out to be.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
In the long run, I would want LeBron; he has so much potential its scary.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
Three unique players....but I'll go with Yao.

I don't think LeBron will ever be Jordan-esque, so we all know the formula for winning a title is a dominant big man, which Yao should turn out to be.
Agreed.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
First of all, the title of this thread should be "Yao or LeBron?" The fact that Dirk is here is a big joke. I mean he's a good player, no, a great player, but we've seen that if you build a team around Dirk, even if you have 2-3 other All-Star caliber players you still can't even get to the NBA Finals. You can't be a championship caliber team if your best player can't play defense and plays on the perimeter, end of story.

Now. Yao or LeBron. I take Yao any day of the week. Yao is going to be the best player in the NBA for many years and win multiple titles. First of all, truly great centers like Shaq, Duncan, Kareem, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and a healthy Bill Walton will always be better than teams led by wing players. So if Yao can become a center like that, this debate is over. The reason I think he will is because he has such amazing court vision, amazing post moves, and a great jumper. Centers like that just don't come around very often, and when they do, it's all over.

I also think Darko will become a very good center, but not one of the all-time great centers like Yao will. He will be a second-tier center like Patrick Ewing or David Robinson or Alonzo Mourning. That will be good enough to give the Cavaliers a run for their money in the East, and if Detroit gets lucky, maybe even keep the Cavs out of the Finals year after year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A great post!!!

Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
First of all, the title of this thread should be "Yao or LeBron?" The fact that Dirk is here is a big joke. I mean he's a good player, no, a great player, but we've seen that if you build a team around Dirk, even if you have 2-3 other All-Star caliber players you still can't even get to the NBA Finals. You can't be a championship caliber team if your best player can't play defense and plays on the perimeter, end of story.

Now. Yao or LeBron. I take Yao any day of the week. Yao is going to be the best player in the NBA for many years and win multiple titles. First of all, truly great centers like Shaq, Duncan, Kareem, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and a healthy Bill Walton will always be better than teams led by wing players. So if Yao can become a center like that, this debate is over. The reason I think he will is because he has such amazing court vision, amazing post moves, and a great jumper. Centers like that just don't come around very often, and when they do, it's all over.

I also think Darko will become a very good center, but not one of the all-time great centers like Yao will. He will be a second-tier center like Patrick Ewing or David Robinson or Alonzo Mourning. That will be good enough to give the Cavaliers a run for their money in the East, and if Detroit gets lucky, maybe even keep the Cavs out of the Finals year after year.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Kind of funny the only two guys that pick Yao Ming are the only two guys not includding realdeal often go against everybody in their opinions about LeBron. With that being said I dont understand how you guys can come to the conclusion that Yao will be the best player in the league and just utterly dominate. He hasnt showed thus far that he is willing to be tough and pound all day inside. He has a ton of skills dont get me wrong but for now he only really likes to play away from the basket and has just been way too soft to be considered a first tier center with names like Shaq being thrown around. I think out of these three players you pick LeBron hands down. I also agree Dirk doesnt need to be in this poll, however there was a yao vs lebron thread before the season started and just about everybody on the board picked Yao Ming. Hopefully someone can bring that old thread up so we can look at the results :0

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lebron James.

I think that he, Yao, and Carmelo will all dominate, and that it really comes down to preference. I just think that Lebron has the best chance to be the best for the longest.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
Kind of funny the only two guys that pick Yao Ming are the only two guys not includding realdeal often go against everybody in their opinions about LeBron.
Yao has 13 votes.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
Kind of funny the only two guys that pick Yao Ming are the only two guys not includding realdeal often go against everybody in their opinions about LeBron.
Gawrsh....ya think?

Who would've thought that the same people who think LeBron is overrated in one thread, would be the same people who think LeBron is overrated in another thread?

I never thought it could be an insult to accuse someone of having consistent opinions.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I take Lebron, barely over Yao. But as someone else mentioned, I'm not sure Yao has the toughness and mean streak he is gonna need to dominate the center position. And Lebron's potential is greater than any player on the planet right now.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
I take Lebron, barely over Yao. But as someone else mentioned, I'm not sure Yao has the toughness and mean streak he is gonna need to dominate the center position. And Lebron's potential is greater than any player on the planet right now.
Exactly. And Dirk can score, but he can't dominate a game without good teammates, so I'll take LeBron.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts