Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this isn't directed toward any specific individuals, but is meant to be just food for thought for the entire group. i know some people have raised some concerns, so this is an attempt to address it.

we'd like for these discussion forums to be just that. DISCUSSIONS. people are going to post things that you don't agree with and perhaps take stances that are controversial. hell, people post things that i don't agree with on this site and on other sites. in fact i've read quite a few things that i felt were just plain stupid and misguided. however, being controversial isn't really against any policy. you can still be a part of the discussion if that is how you really feel.

what we DON'T want are people who come here with the soul purpose of being a [email protected] by annoying other users, posters and fanbases. you know what i mean. these people don't want to contribute anything as much as they want to be a pain in the butt.

the former is okay. the latter isn't. i don't know all the details of what happened with the old SMAAC board, nor do i completely understand what is happening now. all i can really do to help here is say that if you feel someone is being a [email protected] on purpose and is violating the policies of the board, just pm me or another moderator a link to whatever thread is in question and we'll take care of it. if you are someone that's being annoying to others and loving every second of it, please stop. you don't make many friends inside or outside of cyberspace that way.

we don't want to ban anyone. we don't want to suspend anyone. believe it or not we just want people to enjoy this place. that's why we created this place. it wasn't to flex our muscles and stroke our egos while acting like we're on a power trip like you get at some sites.

let me know if there is anything else i can do.

xubrew

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Very good post. And I would advise all posters to read my suggestions above. Hopefully I didn't overstep my boundaries with that attempted assist.

I don't want Raver banned, for the record. I just want him to take his foot off the Rider pedal once in a while.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
GuyF said:
I don't want Raver banned, for the record. I just want him to take his foot off the Rider pedal once in a while.

I don't want Raver banned either, personally I have no problem with his pro rider posts, when he tries to degrade other programs or players in a vain attempt to make Rider look better is when he crosses the line IMO

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
X, people here are no different than people in society. They run when confronted, are afraid of the truth and exhibit immeasurable insecurity. In addition, the internet has become a great outlet for rampant abuse and even stalking behavior. Think about this. There has never been a time in history where more people need help for addictions, depression, personality disorders like AD/HD, and statistics show they are not getting it. One of the hottest fields right now is psychology and drug research. As a result, there is no reason to believe that any public internet message board, including this one, can be anything more than a certain level of trash talk and a certain level of free exchange of ideas and facts. A 'fan forum' is by definition a conflict by the natural course of events. All of that said, this board has been a nice respite from 100% trash forums that exist and despite what people have told you about me privately, nothing I have posted on this forum has been deplorable or even in bad taste. You want to police it; I have no problem with that. Just realize that things can and will break down, for that is inevitable. And with that in mind you might want to adopt a tolerance policy that is reasonable and allows for some horsing around and jib-jabbing.

I have spoken.

:clap:

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Thank you for that, Dr. Rider :laugh:

RiderRaver said:
Just realize that things can and will break down, for that is inevitable.
would you like to make a bet about that?

And with that in mind you might want to adopt a tolerance policy that is reasonable and allows for some horsing around and jib-jabbing.
There already is, but at the moment, we're not going to tell you what it is. The person will know if they breech that policy. ;)

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
:laugh: Actually, I was just poking fun at Rider... I'm sorry that you think I have it out for you. No sarcism ~ please forgive me for giving you that impression.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Beagle said:
TMi If you are talking about me be man enough to admit it.
Geez Beagle, take a chill pill. The post clearly meant the person who broke the rules, not you specifically.

What is it with these Rider guys causing all this trouble. :banana:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Guy I had about 6 posts deleted and was threatened by TM and Kansasalum this weekend, for trying to improve the board so I really could care less about this board right now, that is why I feel we need something inbetween the sMAAC board and this censorship that is going on.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Beagle, you know I like you, so I say this with respect: it is obvious that you have never moderated a busy message board.

The moderators take the time to watch this board and keep things in check. It's their board, their rules. Not many democracies in the world of message boards. One of the closest you'll find is the Iona board, and I can only get away with that because it's a private board.

My reply to those who have complained about the way I've moderated (talking more about when the Iona board was public here) is the same that you've seen Tony use on the Siena board--if you don't like the way a board is run, start your own. And that's not meant to be snippy, either. If you think you can make a MAAC board that's better than this one and sMAAC, by all means go for it!

Also know that some of us have been around the boards a lot longer than you have, and some of us even use our real names. The risk of being around a long time and/or using your name is that you open yourself to personal attack. This is why I have no problem with this board. Haven't been attacked once.

The moderators are doing their job, keeping us talking about hoops. They sure as hell have the right to delete posts that are way off that topic, especially when said posts attack the way they go about their business.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Beagle said:
no you censored me Kansasalum threatened me

Beags, look at it this way, people are at least finding out that Rider is an actual college.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Beagle said:
no you censored me Kansasalum threatened me
if have problems with me, PM me not on the public forums.

Reactions: A10fan2

·
Registered
442 Posts
Would like to know what gets the dander so up. Maybe my standards are a bit lower on conduct. I think the mere fact alone that the posters here are registered is good enough. We like to bicker plenty - so be it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I'm very happy to see this forum grow. I tried (unsuccessfully I might add) to get the MAAC posters to migrate here and they've finally done so. I'm so glad to see this board growing.

Reactions: A10fan2
1 - 20 of 20 Posts