Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think in that last mock, I was trying too hard to be different and went a little way outside the box as @Goulet noted :laugh: . Also, part of me being conscious of what consensus is and hate copying. Part of what I think/hear minus nonsense. Some have been narrowed down though.

Some picks remained though and Carr and Bridgewater fell out of this version. Hard to tell where they will go. And it might take a wild card team or one trading up. Or they may fall to 2nd. . I'll have a final one before draft. Maybe overkill but I wanted to get a couple in before though to give people ideas and value or where ranges of players are now since it had been a while. At least that I hear/think.

1. Houston - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. St. Louis (from Wash) - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3. Jacksonville - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
4. Cleveland - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
5. Oakland - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
6. Atlanta - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
7. Tampa Bay - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
8. Minnesota - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
9. Buffalo - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
10. Detroit - Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU
11. Tennessee - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
12. NY Giants - Zach Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame
13. St. Louis - Kyle Fuller, CB, Va Tech
14. Chicago - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
15. Pittsburgh - Justin Gilbert, CB, OKST
16. Dallas - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
17. Baltimore - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
18. NY Jets - Eric Ebron, TE, UNC
19. Miami - Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
20. Arizona - Ryan Shazier, ILB, Ohio State
21. Green Bay - CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
22. Philadelphia - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
23. Kansas City - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
24. Cincinnati - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
25. San Diego - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
26. Cleveland (from IND) - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
27. New Orleans - Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
28. Carolina - Morgan Moses, OT, UVA
29. New England - Ra'Shede Hageman, DE/DT, Minnesota
30. San Francisco - Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
31. Denver - Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA
32. Seattle - Timmy Jernigan, DL, FSU

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Man I hope Tampa do not fall for the banana in the tail pipe move. Please do not draft a overrated QB at 7. There is no QB in this draft worth a top ten pick. Go LB,T,WR,CB or any other position that could be a possible upgrade.

·
#OK3
9,920 Posts
Yeah when u had Evans ahead of Watkins that seemed off.

What's funny is how fluid everything seems this year.

So many teams need CB and WR and those spots are deep so pegging who goes where seems impossible.

While I initially liked the thought of Ebron for the Jets it just doesn't seen like a pick this staff would make.

I could see them take a CB over Ebron considering he's increasingly seen as 1 dimensional and Rex isn't a stretch the field type coach.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

So many teams need CB and WR and those spots are deep so pegging who goes where seems impossible.

While I initially liked the thought of Ebron for the Jets it just doesn't seen like a pick this staff would make.

I could see them take a CB over Ebron considering he's increasingly seen as 1 dimensional and Rex isn't a stretch the field type coach.
The Jet's should go offense this draft. Could you even see them drafting WR if one fall to them? I think the draft at CB is deep so they could possibly come back in the 2nd for a decent CB.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
What i hope the Jets do

1. Cooks or Beckman since i think Ebron will go early to either Bills or Giants
2. Amaro or Jenkins
3. McGill - Im really hoping the Jets end up taking McGill from Utah
4. Archer from Kent State - Another weapon hopefully he can be Darren Sporles like

After that Jets have 2 more 4th rounders where i hope they target OL depth. Rest if the draft i would target DL Depth a Safety/Corner and another WR. And take Michael Sams for ILB depth they need. Maybe throw in a development QB in the 6th where they have like 4 picks

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

Im like 75% positive Rex takes Gilbert if he falls to Jets at 18. Rex's defense is all about the CB and we are really weak there

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@FSH, rumor Jets are hot after Odell Beckham Jr and wanting to move up for him.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Reports today are saying that the Browns will not draft Manziel at 4 which actually probably means that they actually will draft him lol.

If the Vikings didn't sign Linval Joseph, then I think Aaron Donald would have been a lock at #8 . But with Floyd and Joseph at DT, I don't know if Donald is really worth taking there.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heard some disappointing reviews for Floyd last yr and with it being a new regime and all... Plus can't hurt having a nice rotation. Mike Zimmer had Atkins in Cincinnati and heard that comparison too.

But this has been the latest buzz, not too confident. But your Vikes are stuck in no man's land to be honest. Won't be surprised if they take Donald, Barr, or reach on a CB or S. Maybe a candidate to move down.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Heard some disappointing reviews for Floyd last yr and with it being a new regime and all... Plus can't hurt having a nice rotation. Mike Zimmer had Atkins in Cincinnati and heard that comparison too.

But this has been the latest buzz, not too confident. But your Vikes are stuck in no man's land to be honest. Won't be surprised if they take Donald, Barr, or reach on a CB or S. Maybe a candidate to move down.

Floyd didn't really play much last year so it's too early to tell what kind of player he will be. I think we are the perfect candidate to trade down but that is much easier said than done.

I've been doing some research on Donald however, and an article on fan sided referred to him as the best DT prospect of the decade. Is that an accurate statement or totally outrageous?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts