Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
It's great to hear that everything was resolved and the two realize it was all about doing their job and it wasn't something personal. I like Dixon a lot so far in terms of personality and character. I just hope he can find a way to make better shot selections.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
And as for Ratliff tying Miles' and Telfair's ties, that pretty much sums up this team in a nutshell.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
That's good stuff. And I'll give Miles and Telfair a break on the necktie business. I didn't discover what that loop on the tie was for until I was in my forties.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Every dude that puts on a shirt and tie goes through the period of learning how to put on a tie and make it look right. It doesn't make them a moron just because they haven't done that before.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Hardly an altercation.

And the tie thing seems fairly normal for kids their age.

The tie is a nearly obsolete accessory in today's business fashion world anyway, soon to join cufflinks as an historical footnote.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt mean someone was a moron because they cant tie a tie (i still cant very good) but cmon dude....why else would that little strap on the inside of the tie be there other then to put the inside part of a tie through?

COMMON SENSE? :raised_ey

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
mixum said:
I didnt mean someone was a moron because they cant tie a tie (i still cant very good) but cmon dude....why else would that little strap on the inside of the tie be there other then to put the inside part of a tie through?

COMMON SENSE? :raised_ey
the ironly of this post is just too rich to pass up..but I will anyways.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
deanwoof said:
The best part of the blog is the fact that Quick went on a date with Damon. :D
That's what I thought, and I too had to google tie tieing.

I think the Dixon/ZBo incident shows better than anything I've heard this season that the team has good chemistry. Things are going to be said, players are going to get frustrated and say things they don't mean, but when they are man enough to make up at the end of the day, that's when you know things are rosey in the Rose City.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Hardly an altercation.

The tie is a nearly obsolete accessory in today's business fashion world anyway, soon to join cufflinks as an historical footnote.
Cufflinks are making a comeback. I just got a new pair and plan to pick up a another. They are stylish and easy.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
One of the things I find interesting is the fact that Nate takes the message of turning down turnovers to the whole team. If you actually look at the numbers, it is mostly the small forwards turning over the ball right now, and mostly because they are handling the ball in places they should not (Fast break for one) or are easily predictable offensive black holes who never pass the ball and have the defense collapse on them every time they go to the hoop(Ruben). Notice Nate doesn't point fingers at particular individuals, but holds the team accountable.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Hardly an altercation.

Not going to happen, the tie is the most important accessory to any business mans attire. What tie you wear says alot you IMO.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sa1177 said:
Not going to happen, the tie is the most important accessory to any business mans attire. What tie you wear says alot you IMO.
agreed!
also if you aren't wearing cufflinks... well you may as well be wearing a clip-on tie and velcro shoes.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
DrewFix said:
agreed!
also if you aren't wearing cufflinks... well you may as well be wearing a clip-on tie and velcro shoes.
I don't totally agree with this but it is starting to do in that direction. Especially in big business.
As for ties, I spend more time picking my ties out then I do my suits or shirts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts