Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though he was "only" 5-12 from the field, his heady play (i.e. forcing the 3 free throws, etc.) and clutch free throws were a big part of the reason the Blazers won this game.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
He still took too many bad shots. But he did make some good plays. This was a total team win all the way though. Monia, Jack, Outlaw, and Dixon all made good contributions.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Goldmember said:
He still took too many bad shots. But he did make some good plays. This was a total team win all the way though. Monia, Jack, Outlaw, and Dixon all made good contributions.
Man, some of you guys are never happy. Dixon has been a godsend this season so far. He started out a little cold at he beginning of the year, but he has exceeded my expectations. He has single handedly carried this team for stretches when Darius and Zach can't buy a bucket. Plus, he is a great team guy with outstanding character.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
furball said:
Man, some of you guys are never happy. Dixon has been a godsend this season so far. He started out a little cold at he beginning of the year, but he has exceeded my expectations. He has single handedly carried this team for stretches when Darius and Zach can't buy a bucket. Plus, he is a great team guy with outstanding character.
agree'd. The last 5 games have changed my opinion of Juan. I think he'd be a better backup pg than a sg, but he's not dissapointing as of now.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Did anyone else think we got lucky with that call at the end of the third (fouled on the 3)? Sure looked to me like his right foot was on the line, but they never gave us a good look.

Dan

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hap said:
agree'd. The last 5 games have changed my opinion of Juan. I think he'd be a better backup pg than a sg, but he's not dissapointing as of now.
He does seem better suited to the PG except for his ballhandeling. I think he has been a very good pickup and it now shows why Nate kept playing him in the early going. He seems to want to learn and that is good. Good team guy as far as helping the other players as well.

gatorpops

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
furball said:
Who said I wasn't happy? He just takes too many bad shots. For every good play he had one bad one. Until that changes I wont be sold on Juan.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
yeah he hit the big shots today and good

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
He had a very nice game. Nice to know we have our clutch FT shooter in Juan

I am cautiously optimistic

·
Registered
273 Posts
Watching the game today there was a couple times i was watching him move without the ball
and he reminded me alot of his former teammate rip hamilton. The way he catches and shoots off
screens.. Nice lil spark off the bench. Starting to like him more and more..

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
MercyKersey said:
Watching the game today there was a couple times i was watching him move without the ball
and he reminded me alot of his former teammate rip hamilton...
Agreed ... the Blazers games I have actually SEEN this season bear that out as well (I didn't get to SEE this one I don't have League Pass and was at work anyway ... but I listened to the game on the internet).

However, if memory serves, Rip Hamilton was sent to Detroit (in exchange for Jerry Stackhouse) during the 2001-2002 season, while Dixon was still a senior at Maryland.

OTOH, Dixon is all too familiar with Memphis' Shane Battier ... maybe he thought he was back at Cameron Indoor Stadium, where the Terps ruined Battier's Senior Night in 2001. Either way, Portland has a very valuable off-the-bench contributor in Dixon. I envy you because I sorta wish he was still a Wiz.

Sorry, had to get that in.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Dixon has hit some big shots, but he's missed a lot, too.

Juan might be my least favorite Blazer since Clifford Robinson. I hate the way that he plays the game and I cringe every time he shoots the ball. That he's getting so many minutes--let alone so many shots--is one of the biggest disappointments and most ringing indictments of this team IMO so far this year.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ed O said:
Dixon has hit some big shots, but he's missed a lot, too.

Juan might be my least favorite Blazer since Clifford Robinson. I hate the way that he plays the game and I cringe every time he shoots the ball. That he's getting so many minutes--let alone so many shots--is one of the biggest disappointments and most ringing indictments of this team IMO so far this year.

Ed O.
I have a distnict hunch that Martell's minutes will be increasing.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
ABM said:
I have a distnict hunch that Martell's minutes will be increasing.
I think that EVERYONE would be happy with that (save Juan and his fans). Martell sure looked like he deserved it at the end of last night's game.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Time to go back to the Dixon project.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
furball said:
He has single handedly carried this team for stretches when Darius and Zach can't buy a bucket. Plus, he is a great team guy with outstanding character.
Actually, He has single handedly carried this team for stretches when Darius and Zach were wide open screaming for the ball.

He has worse tunnelvision than Zach and shows it with the lowest assist to points-personally-scored ratio on the team.

He's a pretty good one on one scorer 40% of the time but thinks the rest of the guys are just there to set screens and picks. If you want to see the Blazers play as a team, get Dixon out of there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts