Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try this one experts. Name any current team, preferably one you know well, and rate it from 1 to 10 as to the speed it plays on offense.

1 would be any old team who used the weave or Cleveland

10 would be run and gun only, even more than the "showtime" Lakers who sometimes would set up with Jabbar. Some old ABA teams or Oklahome in college ball come to mind.

Then justify what # they SHOULD be in your opinion to maximize their personnel.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Lakers, I'd rate them a 4.

They like to play a half-court game, not too slow, but not too fast. But when challenged, they can play a run-and-gun style of offense.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Suns-10,

This year, with Marion, Marbury, JJ, and Stoudemire, they will be a running team, that will play great on the fast break.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Nets = 8

They run and gun alot with Kidd at the helm(who wouldnt)

Then occasionaly they settle into a half court setup.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The pistons are a -2. I mean the only time they ever run is off of a TO. Detroit does not have really have any speed and carlise is always calling plays anyways.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
Suns-10,

This year, with Marion, Marbury, JJ, and Stoudemire, they will be a running team, that will play great on the fast break.
I remember a scout said Marbury does not like to run that often so I don't think the Suns will be that fast unless Marbury is inspired by what Kidd did last year with Nets, which should be rated at 10. :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Jersey would be close to a nine. Kidd would just push up the floor every time down, forcing his teammates to do the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts