Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are 40-28 right now, so we would need a 10-2 run just to reach 50 wins.
Would u want the nets to go berserk and hit the 50+ win mark, or take it easy during the last 2-3 games of the season?
I would rest for the last few, just so we can be much more prepared for the playoffs.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
I think if the Nets go something like 10-2 and hit 50, then just rest the starters for the last 2 games or so. Maybe give them 24-27 minutes. Let the bench demo for the playoffs. Just as long as Frank doesn't start resting the starters too soon, like 4-5 games before the playoffs and then they start getting sluggish or something. You don't want them to get spoiled.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I think it is both an achieveable and worthy goal. It would end the season on a 19-4 run going into the playoffs and be only the second team in Nets history to get to 50. Go for it.

[And I dont think, considering the schedule, that it will take playing the Big Three or Four 40 minutes a game. After this week, things get calm again. I would however try not to play the starters too many minutes vs. the Hawks. SOME rest is called for.]

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think the Nets should go for 50 wins because like NetIncome said we would be only the second Nets team in history to win 50 games, I say do it plus I wouldn't mind if the Nets finished with a better record than Cleveland just in case we meet in the ecf game one would be in NJ and not at quicken loans.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
eddymac said:
I think the Nets should go for 50 wins because like NetIncome said we would be only the second Nets team in history to win 50 games, I say do it plus I wouldn't mind if the Nets finished with a better record than Cleveland just in case we meet in the ecf game one would be in NJ and not at quicken loans.
1. Best playoff matchup;

2. Best Seed;

3. Highest Draft Position.

# of wins irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
Historically, the Nets have pulled back once most of the playoff goals are met, homecourt, for as long as possible...generally. 50 is just a number, it's nice, but not the goal as we've seen the past few years. I don't think we'll go balls to the walls to get the Cleveland HCourt, because the 2nd round is not guaranteed and thrashing your players the finals 2 games is not the way to start the playoffs. I think we'll see frank pull back the players starting with about 2-3 games left. We got homecourt in the first round.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
Historically, the Nets have pulled back once most of the playoff goals are met, homecourt, for as long as possible...generally. 50 is just a number, it's nice, but not the goal as we've seen the past few years. I don't think we'll go balls to the walls to get the Cleveland HCourt, because the 2nd round is not guaranteed and thrashing your players the finals 2 games is not the way to start the playoffs. I think we'll see frank pull back the players starting with about 2-3 games left. We got homecourt in the first round.
I know all that but 50 wins do look nice though.

Once we get pass Miami and Cleveland the schedule seems fairly easy afterwards so 50 is highly possible.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I'd love to see 53. I know it's probably impossibe, but it'd be awesome.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I don't care how many wins the nets have. The goals should be to catch up to Miami and win this division. If we are 5 games behind miami with 6 to play then we can sit the bench, but if we have a shot at that 2 seed then go for it.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
How 'bout a win in the next game?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.