Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno, watching all these games this season kinda left me angry that Kobe had to go through the rape case thing. We all know Kobe improves every year, but this past summer, it seems he got off track (due to the rape case) rather than progressing. I know I'm coming off selfish, but I WANT THE KOBE FROM LAST YEAR!

Well, my question is, do you guys think Kobe can become the Kobe of last year (gain his explosiveness, muscles back, etc.) and add more to his arsenal? Even though he got his legs back (sort of) he still doesnt seem as explosive as he once was. Well, please give your opinions and please dont blast me for coming off so selfish

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
He can certainly regain his form from last year. He still is physically capable of doing what he did last year, but he has obviously gone threw some things mentally that have taken its toll thus far. If he sets aside his trial on the basketball court, and all of the other little run-ins with the Lakers, the Kobe of last year can certainly appear.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Assuming Kobe is found not guilty this summer, I have very little doubt we'll see a better Kobe by the 2004-2005 season.

As far as Kobe regaining his 2002-2003 form, I think it's possible that he'll regain it in the next two months barring freak injuries (like the shoulder and finger recently). His upper body won't be as strong, but he doesn't need his upper body to be as strong as 2002-2003, he needs his legs to be. I think we'll see one of the best Kobes we've ever seen this postseason. If I'm wrong, shoot me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah ill agree he is psyically able of of regaining his form from last season...but he defentially is FAR from mentally...and leaving his rape case OFF the court is easier said then done...You gotta believe that is number 1 on his mind right now and basketball is number 2...But yeah i think its TOTALLY possible for him to get back to his old form

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
I dont think Kobe will regain his old form anytime soon, ill believe it when i see it :yes:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
The rape case is really taking a toll on him mentally, and is definitely affecting his play on the court. Without distractions like that, he should already be back at his old form by now. I don't think he'll get back to his form anytime this season, probably have to wait till at least next season and when the rape case is solved. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him to stay healthy and be a force for us come playoff time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts