Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A New York newspaper is reporting a rumor nof a trade that has Sprewell going to Detroit,Szczerbiak going to the Knicks and Stack going to Minnesota with other players thrown in to round out the salary numbers.Personally I think It's a load of crap.I don't see Joe dumping Jerrys reasonable contract for an older player with similar skills (Including a pus shot selection)and a huge contract.What do you think.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Highly doubt it...

Stack's got a reasonable contract whereas Spree's is rather large. It just doesn't make sense for the Pistons if they want to pursue a free agent in the 2003 class. Not to mention Stack is a better player than Spree. Even if they threw in Kurt Thomas, I don't think it would be a fair deal

·
Registered
335 Posts
plus....

I heard that rumor on WDFN this morning and I nearly choked on my cereal. Stack is opting out anyway at the end of the year. You can resign Stack cheaper still than Spree plus Stack is what 5 years younger? And Spree's atitude is "Questionable" to say the least

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I heard it on dfn too. It does not seem like a trade the pistons need to do. I think stack and spree are about equal talent but then you look at the salary situation (sprees is worse) and age spree (is older) plus spree does have questionable character issues (of course that did not stop the stons from getting uncle cliffy last year) personally I hope they don't do this deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts