Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to your thoughts on him. If you could package Biedrins and your draft pick for Bogut would you do it? I personally feel that Biendrins has more upside than Bogut due to his superior athleticism, I feel that they are similarly talented as of now in defense and rebounding, I think Bogut has him with passing and shooting but I believe that Biedrins is the stronger finisher of the two. Just wondering what you guys would do.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Has hasn't played many minutes at the beginning of the season, but now that he's getting the playing time he sure does learn fast. He was drafted mostly for his natural defensive abilities and he's showing that he can be an NBA-level offensive contributer as well. He is tall and long and you dont really realize it until you see him standing and jumping with the other players on other teams.

You just know he's gonna get better and better and you just cant give up on that. He's the youngest player in the league so u know he's gonna make mistakes but i think the guy is a player. Franchise center? Maybe eventually. I definitely dont wanna give this guy to some other team. Bogut? I'm not drooling over that guy yet. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
At age 18, Biedrins already possesses some good things:

1. Incredible feel for the game. Meaning he always is in good position on both side of the floors. His instinct is good and he is quick-minded.

2. Soft hands. He catches almost everything thrown his way - from all angles with all different sorts of power. The best thing is he can make the next moves the moment he touches the balls without worrying them going out of his hands.

3. Great athleticism. He is very agile for a 7-footer. He is also very quick - sometimes too quick for his own good. He has to slow down a little bit sometimes and takes what the defenses are giving him.

4. Good attitude. He always put up a good face whenever he is. He looks like a young man who enjoy playing the game of hoops very much, unlike Rodney White.

Seriously, with right coaching, he will be very good very soon.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I don't know how good Andrew Bogut is, but maybe eventually Troy Murphy can be a sixth man, while Bogut and Biedrins play C/PF spot?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
If the Warriors somehow landed Bogut, and if he turned out to be good enough to take Troy's starting spot, then having a player the caliber of Murphy as a backup would be just fine with me... but would it be fine with him?

·
Registered
614 Posts
To be truthful, I think that Murphy would probably be a backup on a lot of teams, especially in the West.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
1. Another thing to consider is the traditional learning curve for centers in the NBA. Traditionally, the center position is the toughest and takes the longest to get down. That being said, to see what 18-year old Biedrins is doing already has me excited about his future.

2. How can you justify paying T-Murph what he's getting paid to back up Bogut (or anyone, for that matter). You either have to start him or move him, plain and simple. Bogut and Biedrins on our front line, with ANOTHER high-priced back up (Foyle) off the bench...someone remind me why Foyle's getting the money he is again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my post was misunderstood, I'm not asking about a possible future frontline of Bogut and Biedrins, I was wondering if you think Biedrins is going to be better than him down the line and if possible would you trade Beidrins and a your pick if at all possible.

I personally feel that Biedrins has more tools to be the more successful player on the NBA lever.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think Bogut would take the starting spot over Biedrens while he continues to develop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it would depend on what pick the Warriors end up with. If it's 7 through 10, I think packaging that with Biedrins for Bogut would be a good idea. Any higher than 7 and you would have to really think about it. Biedrins just has too much potential. Bogut, on the other hand, is the sure bet. He's a legit 7 footer who's definitely going to be a solid player in this league. The thing I like more about Biedrins, however, is his aggressiveness. This kid is young and not nearly as strong as some of the guys he goes up against, but he's fearless. He fights and battles and finds a way to make an impact. I don't see that kind of fight in Bogut (I haven't watched him too much, so I could be wrong). Bogut is more of a multi-skilled big man, a la Brad Miller. Biedrins is a banger. So they're different types of players, but I think both will do very well in the L for years to come.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts