Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone will probably argue this but C-Webb is easily their best player....and regardless of how many home games they have played so far..or the teams they have played they are winning without him....but Sac-Town gets held to a different standard.....

...when they win it "oh well its the kings" .....but when they lose its like "the kings are getting exposed"...exposed of what..playing without their best player?

I guess its understandable...lets face the kings are injury prone....and since they play so well with key players being out....they sort of get overlooked

....for the spurs no duncan no win...for l.a. no shaq no wins..

oh yeah when is webber coming back its almost the all-star break goodness sake!!!!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Kings are definitely better with Webber, but his return is nothing like TD/Shaq/KG coming back to a team. The Kings dont revolve around him even with him in the lineup. They are a balanced system that can fill spots successfully even when a good player like him goes down. Plus, their big guys are good this year with him out. He'll be taking more minutes from Brad Miller, which wont be that much of an improvement with the way Miller has been playing this year.

The Spurs/Lakers/Twolves revolve around their best player. Everyone else is a roleplayer. On the Kings, EVERY player is a roleplayer in one way or another. They are balanced in that way.

Proof of this, is in the past the Kings have done well with or without Webber.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
CWebb is a big bonus but they are a good team without him, they have peja, brad miller, vlade, bibby, christie who are all above average players. The twolves until this year only had garnett nad if he went down they would be in trouble. The lakers are in better shape this year to take a shaq injury but last year they would be dead. it would be kobe playing with fisher, fox, medvedenko, george, all are below average role players. Spurs would be a team of three point shooters but will have nothing inside.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I hold the Kings to a diffrent standard. Because I've been burned enough times not to put my horse over that fire. It seems every year we've been saying "wow the kings look great. this is their year" and every year for whatever reason they get beat. And then it's an offseason of excuses for why it happened. I thought last year was their best shot and then they had Webber go down.

This year if they win it, I'll just have to be suprised. I'm done picking them to win it. I'm not sure I like the psychological make-up of the team.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I hold the Kings to a diffrent standard. Because I've been burned enough times not to put my horse over that fire. It seems every year we've been saying "wow the kings look great. this is their year" and every year for whatever reason they get beat. And then it's an offseason of excuses for why it happened. I thought last year was their best shot and then they had Webber go down.

This year if they win it, I'll just have to be suprised. I'm done picking them to win it. I'm not sure I like the psychological make-up of the team.
Agreed. It always seems to be "their year" and then something happens, only to be followed up by an offseason excuse. Didnt Webber say they would win 70 games last season or something?

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Somebody once called the Kings, the "Two-time defending woulda-coulda-shoulda champions." I love the Kings but that's the truth.

Everyone knows they're good... but there are reasons to doubt if they're good enough. They have something to prove.

Personally I believe in Mike Bibby. I think Bibby is a championship quality player and leader. But the rest of the team has some issues.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
Their a regular season team not a post season team.Also the Mavs.
I can agree with that. I see both of them as WCF teams, but never making it past that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts