Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If Malone complained enough he could get traded. I don't see Stockton going anywhere. I think Utah wants them both to spend their entire career as Jazz and will hold off the rebuilding process until they retire.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Well...I would personally like to see John Stockton and Karl Malone retire as Jazz loyals. Yeah, if they stay, they won't win a championship, but so what? Do we think any less of them because they never will have won? I sure hope none of you would. Malone or Stockton going to a team just for a championship ring would just seem like selling out to me.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Malone and Stockton ain't going nowhere, kind of sounds like the Jazz this year.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by thuglife
No i dont they will finish there hall of fame careers with the Jazz
You don't think Malone or Stockton will be in the Hall of Fame...? I'm sorry I REALLY disagree with you on that.

Karl Malone's stats over his 17 year career

- 34,707 pts. (2nd all-time)
- 13,973 rebounds (9th all-time)
- 1,899 steals (11th all-time)
- 9,145 free throws made (1st all-time)
- Selected as one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history
- 2 time NBA league MVP
- 11 time All-NBA first team
- 2 time All-NBA second team
- 3 time NBA All-Defensive First Team
- 13 time All-Star
- 1989 All-Star MVP
- 1993 All-Star MVP
- NBA record for most consecutive seasons scoring 2000+ pts. (11)
- NBA record for most consecutive seasons leading the league in free throws (7)
- 1985-1986 NBA All-Rookie Team
- Member of the "Dream Team" gold medalists in the 1992 Olympic Games
- 1997-1998 IBM Award
- 12 time NBA All-Interview First team

John Stockton's stats over his 18 year career:

- 10.7 APG (2nd all-time)
- 15,177 assists (1st all-time)
- 2.2 SPG (7th all-time)
- 3,128 steals (1st all-time)
- Selected as one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history
- 2 time All-NBA first team selection
- 6 time All-NBA second team selection
- 3 time All-NBA third team selection
- 5 time NBA All-Defensive second team selection
- 10 time NBA All-Star
- 1993 All-Star MVP
- Record for most consecutive seasons leading the league in assists (9)
- 4th best FG% for a guard in NBA history (.517)
- Member of the 1992 and 1996 "Dream Team" gold medalists in the Olympic Games

Those seem like pretty "famous" careers to me.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by Wiggum

You don't think Malone or Stockton will be in the Hall of Fame...? I'm sorry I REALLY disagree with you on that.
Re-read Wiggum's sentence: "No i dont they will finish there hall of fame careers with the Jazz." I think that's a pretty straightforward sentence there--he is saying that neither HALL OF FAME player will finish his career with Utah. Not that neither player will make the Hall of Fame.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by thuglife
No i dont they will finish there hall of fame careers with the Jazz
Well he didn't use very good grammer in the sentence so let me write it again. "No I don't, they will finish their Hall of Fame careers with the Jazz." Now read that sentence 5 times and then maybe you will understand it, if not pm me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by robyg1974

Re-read Wiggum's sentence: "No i dont they will finish there hall of fame careers with the Jazz." I think that's a pretty straightforward sentence there--he is saying that neither HALL OF FAME player will finish his career with Utah. Not that neither player will make the Hall of Fame.
Actually I think this is what he meant. His punctuation was bad.
No I dont. (answer to the princetolaker's question of do you think they be traded). They will finish there hall of fame careers with the Jazz.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by JoeF

Actually I think this is what he meant. His punctuation was bad.
No I dont. (answer to the princetolaker's question of do you think they be traded). They will finish there hall of fame careers with the Jazz.
OK...that actually makes a lot more sense. My mistake. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that they don't have to go and win a championship because no one will think any less of them for not having done so. It's like...I dunno it just seems distasteful to abandon the team you built your whole career around just to win. So, in conclusion, no, I don't think they will leave, and I don't think that they should, either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts