Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you want him removed as the GM or do you give him another season to try and prove himself?

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I am not a Knicks fan but I am from Detroit. We interviewed him and Joe Dumars at the same time a few years ago when our GM job was open. The feeling was that Thomas might not be a great personal man. While I think he has done a pretty good job of making the team more talented, I think he over looked the importance of the salary cap. Marbury and Crawford were solid moves and drafting Ariza was smart but the future of this team is tied down pretty hard by the cap. Maybe if he can find a way to get Penny and Houston off the books things will become better.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
This next year is very important for the future of the Knicks franchise. With multiple 1st rounders, including a lotto pick, as well as close to thirty million dollars of expiring contracts after the 05-06 season, Isiah has some flexibility in regards to making deals, if he is so inclined. Add some young talent with value, like Sweetney/Ariza, the Knicks could put together a nice package for an impact player.

Isiah should be given another year, but if he screws up this opportunity then there is no reason to keep him on as General Manager. I think we should have a good idea of what direction the Knicks are heading after the draft. If they stand pat then it is likely at least a short-term rebuilding process is in order...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
The rea test for Zeke is coming up....What will he do with TT,Penny and H2o..Will he let them expire or take on another enormous contract...

You cant fault his drafting of Ariza..That was a steal....

Did he overpay KT??? Definety not...

Should he have gone after JC and given up all the expiring contracts???Thats a close call....The jury is still out...

Trading for Steph and taking on penny??For the knicks it was the right trade.They were so far over the cap anyway...

KVH and Doleac for naz and TT which turned out to be TT,malik Rose and the 30th pick in the draft..Zeke wins that trade,mainly due to Rose and the pick..kt and tt are both way overpaid..

Not paying up for Dampier...great stroke of luck...

The one horrendous move in hindsight,and i was against it..Not getting Vince at all costs...But Charles oakly claims the only reason Vince is high flying again is Jason KIdd ...sorry steph,you are no jason kidd

Zeke deserves a shot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts