Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so...I have made it clear that I am a big fan of what Danny has done in tuning this roster over. I also am not a huge Doc fan. But I have been thinking about how the 2 of them work together and who should get the blame for mistakes...

Gomes for example. He sits for most of the season until he gets some playing time due to injury. He then steps up and shows at the minimum he deserves minutes and could have NBA starting potential. How Doc could not see this from practice makes no sense. Doc's an NBA coach - you can't evaluate the talent you have unless it's shoved down your throat in a game?

But what about Danny? I assume he comes to practice once in a while and at least checks in with Doc and the assistants to see what's up. At what point does Danny step in and tell Doc - "play this kid - let's see what he's got" etc. I don't like GM's stepping on coaches toes but the way I see it the GM is the boss of the coach (and the owner is the boss of the GM).

· Registered
2,904 Posts
I agree. How blind can a front office be? With TA, Gomes, and Gerald Green playing so well, they FO must be kicking themselves. Granted, these aren't exactly meaningful minutes in terms of record (a win just hurts our ping pong balls), but the expirience really gives us a vision of the future.

· Registered
16,619 Posts
Doc is Danny's coach; any blame that Doc recieves for his errors are because of Ainge. I'm not stating that Ainge made bad coaching decisions himself, I'm stating that he allowed for these bad decisions to happen.

· Registered
13,096 Posts
As far as I can remember, Danny has called out Glen at least once this year. (Changes need to be made!)

I think Danny's seen the talent of most of the people (he even talked about Banks after he traded him) but he does not tell Rivers what to do.

That's his own fault I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.