Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love for them to win games and all, but after they clinched the division I just sort of lost enthusiasm, atleast until the playoffs begin.

Unless your fighting for a spot the last 8 games or so just feel like the last week of school, it just feels like a formality.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
VC posterized me said:
I would love for them to win games and all, but after they clinched the division I just sort of lost enthusiasm, atleast until the playoffs begin.

Unless your fighting for a spot the last 8 games or so just feel like the last week of school, it just feels like a formality.
You lost interest b/c we've lost 3 of the last 4 games. If the streak was still alive all the Nets fans would still be talking smack on the General forum & it would be a lot cheerier here on the Nets board.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
VC posterized me said:

the nets players dont seem to care, so why should we?

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
Meh, it sucks that our players don't seem to be trying that hard, but if it leads to them being healthier in the playoffs, then it's for the better. Right now, we are entrenched in the 3 spot. We're not moving down or up. At the very least, we know we are going to finish the regular season with a win.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Nenad cares.

· Registered
2,472 Posts
People who don't care to win games no matter how unimportant they are, are pretty lame.

If you play basketball at all for fun or whatever, you never want to lose a game, I get pissed off anytime I lose a pick-up game.

Do you seriously think the Nets players want to lose a game no matter how insignificant.

If you only play to win when you are going to make the playoffs why do the Hawks and other teams eliminated from the playoffs still try hard every night?

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
neoxsupreme said:
You lost interest b/c we've lost 3 of the last 4 games. If the streak was still alive all the Nets fans would still be talking smack on the General forum & it would be a lot cheerier here on the Nets board.
No, I didn't watch the two games before the Cleveland game and didn't really care that we won them, I watched Cleveland because I knew it would be a good playoff type game, then I haven't watched since.

Don't tell me how I lost interest....I wasn't even on the board for most of the winning streak....and I love the Nets but they will always play second fiddle to the Mets in the April/May months.

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fray said:
People who don't care to win games no matter how unimportant they are, are pretty lame.

If you play basketball at all for fun or whatever, you never want to lose a game, I get pissed off anytime I lose a pick-up game.

Do you seriously think the Nets players want to lose a game no matter how insignificant.

If you only play to win when you are going to make the playoffs why do the Hawks and other teams eliminated from the playoffs still try hard every night?
Uhhh, like I said I'd love to win um but it's not that big a deal.

And to be honest, I wanted to lose atleast 2 games before we went into the playoffs. As nice as a 20 win game streak, or a 19-1 run would be there's only so hot you can get before it turns on you.

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mtrock said:
Well, If we see bad results at the end of the regular season, we might as well see it in the playoffs..
We, a team who has clinched both the playoffs and division, lost to two teams who are literaly fighting for their playoff lives.

We were in the same situation last year, we should recognize the heart and guts teams right on the brink go out their with, and it's hard to match it when all your playing for is a 2 seed that is a long shot.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
VC posterized me said:
No, I didn't watch the two games before the Cleveland game and didn't really care that we won them, I watched Cleveland because I knew it would be a good playoff type game, then I haven't watched since.

Don't tell me how I lost interest....I wasn't even on the board for most of the winning streak....and I love the Nets but they will always play second fiddle to the Mets in the April/May months.
If you don't care then you're not a true Nets fan.

· Registered
2,602 Posts
ya the last 2 games have been against teams who NEED to leave it all out on the court.. dont u guys remember wat we did to philadelphia the last week on the season last season.... we man handled them like they did to us last night...
This team doesnt need a sense of urgency this season, so theyre just chillin in these games. I really hope they 50 wins tho..

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
neoxsupreme said:
If you don't care then you're not a true Nets fan.
Way to be an idiot for no reason.

All it means is that if they team goes 50-32 or 47-35 it's still the same result.

Not caring about 82 games is how I keep my sanity....I'm a baseball fan and literaly care about all 162 games the Mets play.....that's enough stress for me.

· Registered
12,120 Posts
VC posterized me said:

I lost enthusiasm for the regular season right about when the Nets lost enthusiasm for the regular season, about half-way through the Chicago game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.