462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill start the post off with a (not the) Bucks lineup

C: Dan Gadzuric
PF: _________
SF: Desmond Mason
SG: Michael Redd
PG: TJ Ford

Now a breakdown of the players, please bear with this, its getting to a point.

TJ Ford - Great passing guard, not relied upon to be a leading scorer
Michael Redd - Gunslinger, great shooter
Desmond Mason - Exciting playmaking SF, can also play the 2
__________ - Hopefully this position will be filled
Dan Gadzuric - Okay Center, could be considered soft

This team sounds a whole lot like another team in the East

Jason Kidd - Great passing guard, not too great of a shooter
Kerry Kittles - Good Shooter
Richard Jefferson - Exciting playmaking SF, can also play the 2
Kenyon Martin - Banger down low, Great post player
Jason Collins - Okay Center, could be considered soft

Point made, now why mention it? The Bucks seem to be the perfect template for a Princeton offense, even more so than the Nets. The Nets always needed that shooter, the Bucks already have that in Redd, all they'd need to complete the image of 'Newer Better Nets' is a down low banger like Martin... Wayne Simien anyone?

While I agree with the probable mass of you that think Terry Porter is a very good coach by transforming a possible worst team in the league into one of the best in the East. It seems obvious that a coaching change could turn the Bucks into an even better team. It's unfortunate but a Princeton offense could propel this team to the top of the league.

If there was a way to keep Porter on board as an assistant coach, that would be an ideal situation.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Smith has played very well this season at PF. in fact, he could be the MVP (yeah over Redd, not saying he IS but he could) of the team. he's definitely the PF. Gadzuric is a better defender, rebounder, and shot blocker than Collins...I like TT starting and Mason coming off the bench better though. In short, yes the Bucks do look like the Nets but i like our present starting lineup better :).

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Gadsuric needs to be more consistant and bulk up a bit. I like Skinner at C right now. As For Timmy, all I can say is that you can't teach 6'10". he has all the skills, but that's a differant thread altogether.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smith has played very well this season at PF.
I agree that he's playing very well, and when I said the position was empty, its because in a comparision between Kenyon Martin and Joe Smith, its like comparing Coffee with Orange Juice.. both power forwards but one has a whole lot more kick. While Simien could help balance the equation.

As for Gadzuric, in a Princeton offense, he wont need to bulk up, as long as he can play the Jason Collins role, hes golden.

It's hard to think about changing a coach that has led his team as well as Porter has, but with Scott's history with the nets (2 East Championships, ignore this season) its hard to say that Porter's offense is 'better.' Especially when as close as the similaritys are, this is more of a Byron Scott team than the Nets were because of it's already made strength in shooting. On the Nets, they had to depend on Kerry Kittles' shooting... Kerry Kittles. Imagine what Scott could do with Redd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts