Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in the NBA , in the last seconds of the game if you call a timeout you get to advance all the way to the other half of the midcourt line

wtf

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
madskillz1_99 said:
Uh no, i don't find that stupid. It makes the game more interesting.
but its like a reward for something you did not even do

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nique21 said:
sorry, I didnt get the joke...
my mistake I met to say you can advance to the other side of the midcourt, the one your basket is at, but it wouldn't happen at let's say the opening minutes of the game

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
this rule has been used for a long, long time, did you just notice this now? I don't think it's stupid, like someone said, it makes the game more interesting and makes buzzer beaters more probable and can make the end of games very exciting

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
thats only with 20 second timeouts isn't it? Most ppl don't use their 20 sec until the end of hte game for that very reason, its not a dumb rule.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't think you'll have many exciting buzzer beaters if the teams were to inbound from their own end of the court. It also gives a lesser team a chance for an upset, grabbing the win with a last second shot, instead of hoisting up a half court desperation shot.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I've never thought about that before, but I can't imagine not having it. Some games are going to be boring.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thats what you call excitement + strategy (to conserve your timeouts until the end)

Everyone pretty much summed it up... Without the rule of being able to advance to the midcourt line, buzzer beaters will be drastically lessened.

Gives you a reason not to flip the channel yet, when your team's ahead by 3, or even 4...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts