Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't move this to the Utah forum..

And yeah I'm still keeping the sig, just in case. Honestly going into the draft I thought Utah should have picked the best player available at #3, which was Chris Paul. I'm not going to get into a discussion about why or why not. This post is not about that.

The question is, with D-Will "leading" the Jazz, do you think fans of other teams who normally wouldn't really care about the team, aside from watching them when they're playing their respective city will gain more interest in the Jazz? There hasn't been much excitement in Utah since the 42-40 season after Stockton's/Malone retirement. Kirilenko is our only "franchise" player and he alone doesn't sell, but he's still IMO "The Face". Boozergate, only winning 26 games last season probably turned half the fanbase off..

Lakers/Utah, next Thursday. Watch I guess.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ehh, we have nice uni's. If Deron makes the cover of Dime he'll be wearing one HA!.

I didn't mean street cred in that way. More like do you think other fans will gain interest in the jazz, even if it's remote. Signing free agents to play in Utah has never been easy. With Deron and the outlook for the future it'll be easier.

Ohh well.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
futuristxen said:
Who cares about the Jazz?

Deron Williams is cool though.
:D

About sums it up.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
nugzhomer said:
I like the jazz, i think they have a solid crew if they can get healthy.
boozer hasn't been in uniform since february 2005, i dont know if he'll ever get off of the IL.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
mjm1 said:
boozer hasn't been in uniform since february 2005, i dont know if he'll ever get off of the IL.
Well I meant mostly Kirilenko who's been injured too much the last 2 years. Boozer they should get rid of. That Odom trade rumor is looking good right about now...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
No they won't have any street cred, because they are the Utah Jazz. If they were the Baltimore Jazz, sure.

What is really exciting about Salt Lake City to the average person?

I love Deron and root for him every game though.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
HKF said:
What is really exciting about Salt Lake City to the average person?
virgins all around?

j/k

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I was young when the stockton and malone era existed and didn't have internet in my home. So I didn't know about the forums and all of that. Was the Jazz popular and had a lot of interest? Then all of a sudden the jazz lose stockton and malone and then no one cares? If the jazz get to the top lvl of teams again, will they even be concidered or watched or even care about what they are doing?

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Sad Mafioso said:
Please don't move this to the Utah forum..

And yeah I'm still keeping the sig, just in case. Honestly going into the draft I thought Utah should have picked the best player available at #3, which was Chris Paul. I'm not going to get into a discussion about why or why not. This post is not about that.

The question is, with D-Will "leading" the Jazz, do you think fans of other teams who normally wouldn't really care about the team, aside from watching them when they're playing their respective city will gain more interest in the Jazz? There hasn't been much excitement in Utah since the 42-40 season after Stockton's/Malone retirement. Kirilenko is our only "franchise" player and he alone doesn't sell, but he's still IMO "The Face". Boozergate, only winning 26 games last season probably turned half the fanbase off..

Lakers/Utah, next Thursday. Watch I guess.
street cred? :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.