Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the hoopshype salary page, it has Dale's contract expiring after this season, and us sitting at only 32 mil on the salary cap! That would give us plenty of room to sign a big free agent this off-season.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Davis has 1 more year on his contract after this season. If I'm wrong, great. It would mean we can try to sign for Okur for more than the MLE.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
The hh site has Dale's contract slot for next year void of anything but not filled with zeros. I'm not sure but I think this is how they connotate that they aren't sure of the exact figures, but there is a contract... or something.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty positive I've read several times about this particular case... DD is under contract next season at around 10 mil. It's his last year on this deal.

STOMP

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
that has always been the speculation... I think one of the annuncers on CSMN confirmed it one night

also has been mentioned it may be a team option too

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STOMP</b>!
The hh site has Dale's contract slot for next year void of anything but not filled with zeros. I'm not sure but I think this is how they connotate that they aren't sure of the exact figures, but there is a contract... or something.
Yep. When Hoopshype has zeros, it means no contract. When they have blank spaces, it means "we think he's under contract but we're not sure enough of the amount to list it."

also has been mentioned it may be a team option too
I think I remember Jeff R. hinting at this in November.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
OK, I went back into the archives at Hoopsworld and found this:

The Blazers have committed salaries of approximately $36 million for 2004-05 not counting Rasheed for 8 players._ They will likely do something with Dale Davis’ contract as well, which contains an option for next year._
From Jeff R. in November

So, my memory didn't fail me on this one. His report, however, is the only one I have seen that says that Dale has an option year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2 year extension for $19.1 million started this year. When signed it contained incentive clauses that were argued by the NBA as too easy to obtain and thus violating the salary cap so some various option language was included. Bottom line though is that Davis will be under contract next year for approx $10 million.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jeff R</b>!
2 year extension for $19.1 million started this year. When signed it contained incentive clauses that were argued by the NBA as too easy to obtain and thus violating the salary cap so some various option language was included. Bottom line though is that Davis will be under contract next year for approx $10 million.
Thanks for the update, Jeff! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts