Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
No one in the Pistons organization from Dumars on down regrets picking Darko over Melo. The vast majority of the Pistons most knowledgable, die-hard fans agree with the pick as well. Are we right? Well, get back to us in 4 or 5 years and we'll see :) Personally, I think the Pistons will have accomplished more by then than the Nuggets, and that Darko will be a more valuable player for us than Melo would have been by that point.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Nope.. Prince is doing well... On Darko is about the time... I'm sure next year he will find some good minutes.. and in few years will be a dominant player.. In any case with Melo the Pistons wouldn't be a titile team.. Evebn with these players Detroit can fight for the Finals... and with Darko in the near future for the ring..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not really, even with Tayshaun struggling. What we really need is a big man who can consistently put points on the board, and while I think we've already got that (in Memo) Larry Brown apparently disagrees. Regardless, Carmelo is not that guy, and there's not really much he can do for us that Rip or Tayshaun can't.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i'm going to get technical here and say, who is detroit. if you mean the fans i think most are content where this team is in its evolution. if you mean the top brass like joe d and up i would say they are pretty secure with their move. if you mean the bench coaches like larry brown and his staff i would thing there is where the thought of having carmelo, or chris bosh for that matter, on a nightly basis would be more than appealing. i think in three years when darko is the starting center for the eastern conferance all stars it will all be much clearer.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
the real question here is do they regret trading otis thorpe....

can you imagine how dominant they would have been a few years back with him at the PF slot

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bless</b>!
stop lyin *edited* ...just admit it and say you wish you had the rookie of the year on your team...
:laugh:
Well, Magic Johnson was not the ROY - but he was the Finals MVP.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
While it's obvious we would rather have 'Melo now, we don't need another wing player for the future we need a big man down low... hence Darko.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Here is the thing......the Pistons didnt need Anthony! Where would of they put him? Prince is doing just fine. The Pistons already have Rip and Chauncey, why bring in someone else? Don't get it twisted either, the only reason Anthony is having a good year is because of Andre Miller............Anthony doesn't have to do anything and teams dont focus on just him.

PS Nice avatar DBN.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts