Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For now, go to nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com and see what they are saying about the players. Use a combination of their strengths and weaknesses. Then if you have seen the player pay and agree with what they are saying you can add your own analysis. You do not have to do this with the 2006 draft because we understand that many of you have not scouted these players yet, so to launch, we need to use what the other sites have.

Then, as time goes on, we will really be scouting these players on our own.

Example.

Tiago Splitter

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=25
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/tiagosplitter.asp

Read what both sites are saying. Use your own words and write something similar. Use a picture, use his stats.

If, and only if you have seen this player play, you can add your own analysis at the end and title it "analysis".

After we lauch, we will no longer use other sites as a barametor. It will be what WE think as a site. our analysis will still be allowed.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vigilante said:
I don't understand what you want.

You want us to copy other draft sites profiles, but put it in our own words?
Yes, unless you have seen the player before. Since it is off season, we cannot watch these players play. Thats how DraftCity started. Then after they started, they used scouts of their own to come up with their own opinion of players.

The profiles may change once the season gets going. We can always update them. But to launch, we need to go with what other sites are saying about these players, now.

If we do not do it like this, it would be December or January before we launch. I would like to launch sooner than that.

You could call up the schools of the players in next years draft and inquire about game tape. But we could do that after we launch and update the profiles as we go along.

Important thing is, profiles now and we mock them in order.

I hope I explained it clear enough. If not ask me again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you think, it is important, if we add some information to the profiles to say what game we saw?
For example, i can watch on tape the Final Four game of Tiago Splitter and the add to the profile something like
Analysis of Tiagos game against Maccabi during the Euroleague Final
Stats... and so on

If i have pictures i have made, how can i upload these to the site?
The same with clips?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xtf said:
Do you think, it is important, if we add some information to the profiles to say what game we saw?
For example, i can watch on tape the Final Four game of Tiago Splitter and the add to the profile something like
Analysis of Tiagos game against Maccabi during the Euroleague Final
Stats... and so on

If i have pictures i have made, how can i upload these to the site?
The same with clips?
Do not mention the game you saw. Reason is, you may see him play again.

As for pictures, use photobucket, upload the jpeg or gif there and then put the url here.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
truebluefan said:
Do not mention the game you saw. Reason is, you may see him play again.

As for pictures, use photobucket, upload the jpeg or gif there and then put the url here.
We should make a certain size that the pictures should be. I have photoshop so I can resize them, then put them on photobucket.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vigilante said:
We should make a certain size that the pictures should be. I have photoshop so I can resize them, then put them on photobucket.
I agree. I forgot about that. 116X148 is a nice size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts