Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our entire offense seems to be a pick-and-pop? I mean, it looks real fun when everyone is hitting them, but when you are down by 4 with 50 secs left, and depending on Thomas and Doleac to make 15 footers, I think there is a problem. Granted we do this alot more when either Houston,Van Horn or both or on the bench, but I think there has to be a better way to utilize Marbury's skills as a floor leader.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yup, it's a known problem, we need slashers and low post guys. It's what Isiah means when he says he wants the team quicker and more athletic. At least now we have a PG who can penetrate, but it's just a beginning. Having a homogeneous bunch of relatively slow predictable guys is not the best mix for Marbury, or any team. The pace at which he is bringing the ball up the floor under utilizes his speed and looks uncomfortable for him. He's being lulled right out of his natural rhythm.

I think Marbury's floor leadership is still in it's infancy. Some nights he looks supremely confident, others very uncertain. He's really trying not to be selfish, to be a pure PG first and a scorer second, which is a new MO for him. It's going to take time. Plus, he and Hardaway have had 5 coaches this year alone. Their heads must really be swimming. A little stability, like after the trade deadline, will really do them some good. Lastly, Marbury, Wilkens and Isiah, three damn good offensive point guards, are going to have to figure out what to do when Marbury is double teamed. Having him plod into a trap at the top of the arc is beating a path to nowheresville.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I kinda like the pick and pop, when it's on its real fun to watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.