Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LeBron
"Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson and Davis are all nursing injuries. If they decide not to play, Commissioner David Stern will select a replacement. That possibility doesn't motivate James. "At this point, since I wasn't a part of the [reserves] they first picked, I wouldn't even like to be a part of the team if someone didn't make it [because of injury]," James said. "I'm an only child. I never want to be picked second. I don't come second. That's just the way I feel." Cleveland Plain Dealer

Carmelo
"I deserved to be in there," Anthony said. "But I still have a long career ahead of me. We've got a better record (than Utah). I'm not taking anything away from Kirilenko. It's a big turnaround for the Nuggets. We won 17 games (last season). Not to sound too selfish, but I was a big part of that. . . . When I saw who was on the reserves, I said, 'Man, I should have been on there.' "

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lebron might not make it, but melo will lose to one of the elite teams for sure.

these 2 players are excellent (tho i think wade is better and has more potential than melo) but a bit too show offs. specially carmelo... wade passes the ball more and likes team play better.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
Yeah, that's the only thing wrong with these two.

They might be "team players", but their egos are both the size of Jupiter.
It was an emotional moment that obviously threw caution to the wind and next time, they should react better. They're both still kids and they'll learn.

But their egos are what makes them the players they are. I say "Avoid making those comments to the press but keep believing in yourself like you do."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts