Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching this kid Noah he looks like a duplicate of AV. Thin, wiry kid with a lot of length who is all over the court with his energy.

I wonder if AV would've had a similar impact in college
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
He does to me. Varejao has a better jump shot, but Noah appears to be a better shot blocker and better around the basket.
 
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
I wonder if AV would've had a similar impact in college
I dont think AV would have had the same offensive game as Noah right now, plus Noah may have an Inch or two on him with a longer arm span. But the Hair and energy remind me of each other. I think it was actually brought up in our house the other day.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Noah is a better shot blocker but they way then can get out on the floor is eerily similar. Noah does seem to have an inch or two in length as well.

In AV's favor, I think he is a better rebounder then Noah.

I like these "unknown" player's stock going up like Noah and Thomas, gives us a better chance of guys like Rondo who have been misused in college
 

· Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,231 Posts
Meh. I think Verejao is a little more active, and even though he hasn't shown it a lot, more skilled. Anderson has ball handling skills. And he has a J. He needs to develop some post moves, but he has a well rounded offensive skill set. He just needs to have the game slow down about two notches.

But then again, I barely watched the NCAAs. ****ing boring.

This year's draft has the most mediocre players in recent memory, in it. There's not a single superstar in it on the american side. That Bargnani guy might end up good. But this is a good draft to be drafting late.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
futuristxen said:
This year's draft has the most mediocre players in recent memory, in it. There's not a single superstar in it on the american side. That Bargnani guy might end up good. But this is a good draft to be drafting late.

You never know man, you never know...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
Noah's stock is high at least partly because people see Varejao in him. I'm serious. Behind LeBron Varejao probably is the most wanted Cavalier.

Varejao has a better jump shot however.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
The OUTLAW said:
Noah's stock is high at least partly because people see Varejao in him. I'm serious. Behind LeBron Varejao probably is the most wanted Cavalier.

Varejao has a better jump shot however.
I hope Varejao gets more minutes next year with your team. He is of similar age to LeBron so I hope he figures in your plans for a long time. I think there's something to be said about a player who can make it happen in limited minutes, because in this day and age players whine so much about not getting enough minutes and saying that their production suffers from that.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
Clearly if we don't keep Gooden, Varejao will be getting pretty big minutes next year. I really do like the way it's been done so far this year. We have alot of flexibility with Varejao/Gooden/Marshall.
 

· Maybe Next Year....
Joined
·
10,213 Posts
futuristxen said:
Meh. I think Verejao is a little more active, and even though he hasn't shown it a lot, more skilled. Anderson has ball handling skills. And he has a J. He needs to develop some post moves, but he has a well rounded offensive skill set. He just needs to have the game slow down about two notches.

But then again, I barely watched the NCAAs. ****ing boring.

This year's draft has the most mediocre players in recent memory, in it. There's not a single superstar in it on the american side. That Bargnani guy might end up good. But this is a good draft to be drafting late.
Exactly. People underestimate AV. He is gonna be a star, he impacts the game in so many ways. Tremendous rebounder already, on both the offensive and defensive board. Allso has great mobility with his feet, can guard mobile big men and even stifle quick guards on pick and roll switches. That is VERY rare and valuable in guys his size.

Really his major weaknesses offensively could be alleviated with more game experience. He has nice passing and ball-handling skills for a big man already, decent little 15 footer. He has to improve from the line, and he needs to learn to finish with more strength around the basket.

Next season could be his breakout year.
 

· Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,231 Posts
How tall is Andy actually? He looks like a legit 7 footer. Are the Cavs still toying with the idea of him as a future center?

I just hope he can finally have an injury free offseason, so he can really come in ready to go next year. You just wonder what kind of player we were going to see if he hadn't had the shoulder injury. I want to see him get his dunking skills back.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top